sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

still nippy

quick nip into gmc to do a thing, coffee, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Chilled start with a long walk, a run and then the gym.

Finish packing, then off to a branch to help someone and then head to stay in Oxford for a night out with a pal.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

Bonjour les ivrognes

Nippy, bright, breezy.

Bit of tinkering, stuff, things, chores, other stuff.

First: coffee.

Laters

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Out and about today in various places to meet various people.

hopefully back into the office to start shopping for a new compressor

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Morning

Damp just for a change. Need to change the hinges on one of the kitchen cupboards as it no longer soft closes. However I’m not sure my car will survive the 8 mile journey to the shop. Later will be climbing and weights.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,614

Morning Folks,

Woken early as junior is on one of her vet placements and has to drive over into Surrey to look after poorly horses. I'm at home doing the usual and making inroads into my coffee supplies. Mrs 666 has announced that she is getting a mini infra red sauna installed for her and junior, so will be interesting to see what it does to the leccy bills...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Rather grey out this morning, but not as chilly as yesterday. Preferred it yesterday though. Another busy day in the orifice, too much to do and not enough time. Losing track of the number of times I've had to tell people that we really should be doing something but there aren't enough hours in the day so the essential takes priority over the 'should do' things. The downside of being run by a shortsighted accountant that has cut costs to the point that we can't function.

Having suffered the frustration of trying to look at discounted stuff in the Wiggle/CRC clearout I have just ordered some spare, bar tape, discs, chain and cassette from Merlin for similar costs and a lot less hassle.

Out for beer with a colleague tonight, just got to get through the rest of the day without murderising anyone.

TLW is finishing his employment by making them pay for him to tour the country visiting mates branches.

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Afternoon. Busy morning then a trip to the Docs for a blood test. The dreamy-eyed HCA, my favourite, was there to drain me. Halfway through chatting to her I realised that she sounds a bit like "Nadia" from What We Do In The Shadows, and it made me chuckle to myself.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Stevo_666

Ahem, when Mrs. 666 said she was getting a sauna, I didn't realise she meant today 😮 Might have to give it a shot...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Through the front door and turn left... ?!

• photonic69

Nothing welcomes guests like an indoor shed with a kettle in your hallway.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Our current house had a sauna in room that had been created above the garage. It didn’t look like had been used in years and as it had no venting to let the hot air outside, it had created a patch of damp on the wall.

Its now Mrs W’s sowing/ computer room.

• Stevo_666

Thankfully it's in the dining room which we don't really use and you only get to it through the lounge or those white doors that open onto the back garden (not used except when we have big things to bring into the house). Fingers crossed no damp as it's infra red but we'll see. At least I'm not paying for it....

• photonic69

In the Dining Room you say? Infrared heating you say? Hmmm.. pop a kebab rotisserie in there and you are sorted.

• Stevo_666

Kebabs...mmmmm

Be handy for post ride warm ups/warm downs in winter as well.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

Looks good Stevo 👍 Did they have to assemble it inside? Something a bit whacky inside the house is up my street.

• seanoconn
  • pinno
    edited March 6

It's got holes in the floor for the grease to run off too.

'Stevros Kebabs' peeps innit?

• Stevo_666

Yep, it was an inside job. Would have been too big and heavy to get up the drive and round the side of the house. I started getting suspicious when I saw a couple of blokes wheeling some large-ish boxes up to the house 🙂

• Stevo_666