thursday our stability is but balance, well, actually, it's pineapple

'ning

february goes out with a splosh

coffee, smidge of wfh, stroll to have a preventative bubbly and free coffee&biccie, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Morning les apprenti-dictateurs à la noix de coco

Nippy, bright and windy, Back to winter after yesterdays tropical monsoon.

More house sorting and some legal stuff I guess.

Is that the prodding done for this year SG?

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

back for a couple more scans tomorrow, then a follow up natter at some point, presumably sooner rather than later if it's anything nasty, eternity is wearing

must time the stroll to avoid the showers, may have a pre-bubbly sniff in the perfume halls

how's beans?

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Chilling in the hot tub, going to be hard to start working again in April.

will run at some point and obviously drink.

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540

Grey, damp.

The weather, similar.

Work.

• pinno

Beans is a tw@t.

I found a lump downstairs 2 weeks ago. Bit of a worry but had a scan yesterday and all seems good. Believed to be a secondary infection following Epididymitis*.

*That really isn't catered for by Castelli.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

I initially read that as Beans was the one who had the lump and after an expensive vet bill it turned out to be his own fault.

• pinno

Beans has had the snip so no chance of such happenings. At least he isn't roaming the area looking for some dodgy females wots sniffing proper.

• sungod
    edited February 29

on to second bubbly, it's the only artistically valid statement

also, where's hoppy?

• pinno

@beansnikpoh

He's probably actually really genuinely working. I guess the lack of communter miles will have made him larger less inclined to post on a cycling forum.

No shower facility at work.

• sungod

in that case i'm having another bubbly, have to set an example for the surrounding teetotalers, though the lady at the next table also has one

we are an island of sanity and style

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613

Gopping in Central London, so my decision to bin the bike part of the communt was the right one. Dealing with annual appraisals, promotion proposals etc and trying to be fair...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod

having allowed the pre-bubbly sniffs and test sprays to mature a couple of hours, succumbed to the nice armani privé lady and got the one she preferred on me, which fortunately was the one i preferred, now that just leaves mrs s

some say, why don't you retire for a life of leisure? i say, why complicate things with retirement?

strolled back between showers, looks like it had just belted down

wfh natter in a few mins, then a coffee

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

I thought Beans was chilling in the hot tub

I, on the other hand, am at work being a curmudgeonly old git. Haven't defenestrated the computer yet, but it's only a matter of time. Out with the kids to see Yard Act tonight, should be fun. Very moist out, thankfully today is drive the EPO in day.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

I'm here. Pinno is right, work is taking up too much of my time currently, and Mrs B³ is off on her travels again on Saturday, a week in Pleasanton CA. A keen sense of schadenfreude has been engendered, as the weather there is as shitty as it is here. It's the shitty weather keeping me off my bike as well. Once you've been off for a stretch and got out of the habit, the thought of getting wet and cold is not at all appealing.

I did get the bike out the other day, fettled the gears, oiled the chain and pumped up the tyres, so it's ready to go. Dog walking and static bike are keeping the excess weight steady at least.

• pinno

You should know cats don't like water. When they get soggy, their quarry/enemies can smell them. So all cats are neutral smell (except Lions, they stink).

Beans has gotten quite portly over the winter. Must get back to jolly walk adventures (with pictures).

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Been a fairly stressful day/week and just been told that the £3k repair to one of the vans hasn't sorted the issue it went in with.

It's supposed to be in Exeter next week so now need to rush about finding a hire van.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Afternoon

Currently in a damp Borrowdale but fortunately we are in a nice hotel. As usual we brought loads of stuff but manage to forget important things like toothpaste and my coat. So a trip was had in to Keswick for toothpaste but we seem have also bought most Cotswold camping stock as well. Shortly it will be down drinks and dinner.

• pinno

Why did you buy camping stuff when you're staying in a hotel?

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Well as an ex Boy Scout I like to be prepared, just in case.

• pinno

You could set the tent up in the hotel room.

Puts glamping to another level.

• pinno

+1

• pinno

+2

• pinno

+3

• pinno

+4

• pinno

+5

• pinno

@seanoconn

****25 post thread alert**** ****25 post thread alert****

• pinno
    edited February 29

Grr.. people who can't fix nuffink themselves.

Although tbf - HD is probably too busy to fix stuff though it's handy if you know what you're doing. I take my car to the local approved service centre for it's annual service and they can log the service interval into the compooter, which I can't do. I supply all parts for the service and last time around, they charged me £77.40 incl. vat.

I had a failing battery in the Porker and the Bosch battery was under warranty. The supplier asked if it was tested, (I am fully qualified) and I said I tested it. They asked if I had a receipt which I didn't. So I pitched up at the service place and asked if they could possibly test my battery. They just handed me their tester which prints receipts and said to bring it back in the morning.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

+6

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

Children children. +7