Tuesday, where is the darkest darkness

Charlie_Croker
Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
edited February 27 in The bottom bracket

Moaning,

Calm and cold, so cold Brrrrr

WAFH today, haven’t done this in a while, shock to the system

A pint will be in order by tonight I feel sure of that, I’m sure of nothing else 😉

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

rather nippy, but apparently less windy

coffee, smidge of wfh, day out with bubbly segueing into night out with bubbly

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    edited February 27

Bonjour les anthropophages

Swapped weather seemingly. Blowing a hooley and chucking wet stuff at us.

Today doc's then werk.

First coffee.

Laters

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 907

Morning

Started off bright rapidly going downhill. Not a lot planned for today other than to do some exercise at some point.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

Park and ride to the office. Forecast was for snow but I ignored that and there was no snow.

Bought something online and it's now coming via Evri rather than the advertised RM tracked 48 😐️

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

M'ning.

Super cold and frosty! WFW and rode in. Didn't even break a sweat.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Windy, wet, coffee in bed, trimming neighbours bushes later, 😬

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Morning, hounds had a long walk, chilled breakfast was work gossiping, hot tub with a cuppa next.

then off to the gym for a session with a trainer and then see my running coach. Probably a run and then out with my parents for Mother’s Day (I’m away for the actual day)

• photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

You couldn't let it go eh?

Manky wet and grey, boo where is spring? though forecasting to brighten up in the pm. So it says. Not venturing outside until. Can I avoid sorting out Stuff, again?

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Decent sleep last night so managed to get up early and pump some iron before work.

Scrambled eggs and bagel at my desk for breakfast and then realised I seemingly employ a set of idiots.

Grandad duty tonight and as I'm trying to cut the mid week G&T's out may revert to headbutting something solid.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659

Spent a couple hours sweeping up dust, leaves, gum nuts, sticks, critter poo, weeds, dead flowers. Elected to do a trainer ride instead of roads, as just fancied an easy flat spin and the roads round here are anything but.

Trying to book accommodation for a trip away in a few weeks, seems expensive. Ho hum.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,199

Ooh, matron!

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Looked dcidedly chilly out this morning, I didn't experience it myself as I'm shirking from home today, or trying to at any rate. People keep bothering me by phone, email or Teams. Very inconsiderate.

My wife once had a letter from the council telling her to trim her bush, I thought it very rude of them.

Bunking off early today as we're off to see a couple of old men play some music, should be fun. I think they've had enough practice so they should be good at it by now.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Day in the office for me. Calendar all blocked out for meetings, which is I suppose the purpose of going to the office. Means very little lazing gets done though.

• pinno
    edited February 27

Took Shorty on a short recce: 1m off road run (gravel/tarmac mix) in prep for the x country trials. My first ever off road excursion following on the winter bike..

1.08 miles at an ave. speed of 7.76mph. Time; 8 mins 37 secs. That's a soft start and a yardstick.

• pinno

There are miles and miles of gravel tracks around here. The only downside is that the good, scenic one's are 30 miles away. I've always considered it.

I will lower the tyre pressure next time 😁

• Wheelspinner

I just bought a cheap used one, not ridden it much yet, just sorting out the basic service stuff, but seems like it will be a fun and comfortable thing to punt about.

• Wheelspinner

Yeah nah. Just a road trip to visit friends and (mostly) Mr WS’s family. We are looking to spend a few days at a beach up the coast, and I’m surprised how much the accommodation costs. Not a frequent traveller these days so maybe out of touch. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Will be nice to get out and about different places. Not so keen on the 3,000 km of driving I get to do for it.

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

G&T won the argument tonight!

Just perusing some bathroom stuff online and plotting how to get it cheaper.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Thanks @seanoconn

I haven't been able to get logged in since, only able now back home. That's total pants as they say