Sizing Castelli

Hello folks. I'm a bit of an Endura fan, but I keep hearing good stuff about Castelli kit, and there's lots on sale at the moment.

However - sizing. In Endura, I'm a spot-on L, 5'8" (174cm) tall, short legs (75-80cm depending on how you measure), chest 42" (105cm) 36" (90cm) - now, Castelli sizing charts place me at XL but I'm not sure - thoughts???

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,603

Yep size up they are notoriously small

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Endurance 3 I can just about still fit my L bibs, Free Aero Race 4 and Competizione bibs are XL. 5'10", 32" cycling inseam and a shocking 40.5" waist after gaining ~15Kg over the last 15months. Thankfully there is plenty of stretch in the bibs around the waist, given I was ~34" when I bought the first pair a few years back!

Free Speed Race 2 jersey is XL, bit loose on my spindly weak arms these days, 41" chest.

================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851

XL or XXL in Castelli at those dimensions.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760

I've always found Castelli sizing to be more about the length than the width. The race fit type jerseys assume you are going to be either skinny and short or skinny and tall. I've also got a jersey in what they call a "Neutral fit" which is a bit more relaxed.

I'm 180 cm, 68kg and L across the board.

• I would say XL, I have endura and dhb kit at L, but Castelli have needed XL.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974

FYI - That measurement is not around the waist. Also don't be fooled by your trouser size, use a tape measure.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    edited February 20

If you are using the most recent Endura SL shorts I’d say the castelli size up similarly, the difference is that Castelli tends to have much more give in the fabric than Endura. So they may be tighter but they’re also more forgiving.

In general there are brands that suit different body types. Castelli is definitely on the petite side.

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120

"Petite" is not a word usually associated with my physique...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • rick_chasey
    edited February 21

There’s your answer then.

fwiw I see many older men who clearly enjoy the finer things in life in Le Col.

I haven’t worn so can’t comment.

• pblakeney

Probably because using Strava discount codes makes Le Col better value for money. Not better, but cheaper.

Veronese68 wrote:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,603

The discounts are now £50 if you spend over £125, so you still spend £75. Just makes them ok value I think rather than overpriced at full price. I have 2 of their bibs and they're fine.

- Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • rick_chasey

Had always thought it was a more comfortable fit for their size

• pblakeney
    edited February 21

Long time since I've looked. Last pair were 50% off plus a £50 discount. That was value for money!

Still second choice to Castelli Free Race though. That said, my absolute favourites are Mesh7 but they are expensive.

Most lush when on the larger side? Rapha Classics.

Veronese68 wrote:
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 114

The new castelli stuff is not as tight. I still size up and prefer my gear tighter. 183 tall, 83kg. I've a pair of endura pro sl in large. Most of my castelli is XL, I've a gabba in large(because I wasn't aware of their sizing)but it's got serious give. Last year on black Fri I got a alpha Ros in large because was no XL and it's fine.

It and sportful(same company) are small fitting. IMO castelli are the best. I get away with large in all rest