friday scrumping pineapples in the derry & toms roof garden

'ning

forecast dry and bright start replaced by unforecast sogginess, no early ride, sigh

coffee, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Hounds, work ish, fit battery to the camper and head to the lakes with a pal for a couple of days of running.

• oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning, driving north a bit to pick car up with young oxo then motorway driving lesson with him. Dryness has definitely turned to sogginess here as well. Hopefully it will dry up so we can walk to the pub later with the OH.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Slow start.

Mrs Pinno's laptop needs repair and so i'm being preyed on/hassled/looked at/quizzed...

I see 2 square inches of blue sky amongst the grey but it's not raining yet. Will tinker.

DWS will be back from her school trip away and we'll say bye to the peace and quiet.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,612

Half day for me, doing a session at one of those motorsport simulator places this afternoon where I can race my mates without us killing ourselves.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

If only you had followed this advice for the last week 😂

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

testing has begun

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198

Admin admin admin pay bills try to get hold of engineers... But did get tickets for a Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets gig this summer. Ace.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659

Bit of minor jobs faff early, then into town for appointment. Lunch. Visit Mum. Shops.

BBQ lamb and veg al fresco dinner a nice end to the day. Win.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Afternoon

Not much done other than a visit to physio who feels the way forward is a scan as the improvement has plateaued. Went to pay the vets bill and it seems euthanasia doesn’t come cheap. Later is round to MiL to sell some furniture followed by music night at the village hall.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'noon

Car went for repairs on Wednesday, now it's not going to be finished until Monday night 🤬

Today was going OK until that bombshell.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Busy start to the day with a spot of WFH, bailed a little after 10.30 to go to the funeral of a mate's mum. Had to take the EPO's bike as my pub hack had a flat. It's an awful thing, flexes and wobbles like it's made of jelly. Service went well and then we went for some food and drinks. Tried to work after getting home, but it was all I could do not to fall asleep. I need to practice my afternoon drinking obviously. EPO's birthday weekend so I need to be on best behaviour.

• Stevo_666
    edited February 16

Just back from a day driving at Brands Hatch, Donington and Spa in Caterhams, British touring cars, 911 GT3 racers and F3. Only 10 seconds off the pro's time round Donny so not too shabby. Great fun, can recommend.