thursday in war, events of importance are the result of trivial causes

'ning

milder, still gloomy

coffee, smidge of wfh, tailor and maybe a bubbly, wfh, laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Bit of work in the hotel, maybe a run and then back home, but more work, then a run with pals and probably the pub

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Bonjour les gargarismes

Wet, wet wet (without the white stuff Marti).

Today the belated Mrs Pinno's birthday lunch in the sticks.

Then some tinkering.

Is it me or is February just dragging along?

Laters

Give me beer money and buy a kit: https://buildamoc.com/collections/all-1/products/gbc-twirly-whirly-by-pinno

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • oxoman
    oxoman Posts: 349

Morning Workers and shirkers, currently building up enthusiasm to go out on gravel bike as got a few days off. Suspect it may be muddy but at least its not raining.

Going out later to meet some mates for a few 🍻 and using young oxo,s taxi service for a change.

Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Heading out with the dog shortly. Likely to be muddy.

2 actual days off I think. Nice.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 906

Morning

Wet again. Done my chores, watched some cycling while having my breakfast. Logged on the inter web only to find out one of my old climbing mates has died.

Not sure now what I can arsed to do.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

lovely blazer ready, having a restorative bubbly in the cafe after the exertions of the morning, heroically resisting the cakes, will just have the biccie with the coffee

pinno lego superstar!

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,613

The usual WFH malarky with the Kingdom of Far Far Away being slightly annoying at the moment.

On the upside we got a good price for Mrs. 666's car on 'Motorway' - only £1,400 less than what we paid for it 5 years ago 😮

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

More orifice based drudgery, auditors are in and keep asking questions. I usually manage to bat them off in other directions. Had to drive in today as it's Thursday, view from Richmond Park towards the city was very murky, at least there's little traffic due to half term. Out with an old friend this evening, going to our old haunts in Wombledon, should be fun. Half day tomorrow with a bit of WFH, off to a funeral for a friend's mum so not a happy half day. Got Monday off though which is good, EPO's birthday so will take her out somewhere. Might go up to town if her back isn't too bad.

Onwards and upwards...

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540

Passing the day mostly watching the rainfall radar and wondering how much of a drenching we'll get. Pulling the "at least it's not cold" gambit to pretend the weather isn't shite, and cheering myself up with the prospect of sunshine and a longer ride tomorrow, possibly in shorts.

Now for another (decaff) coffee.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Funny dat. I had a decaff. It's okay but there's that something missing in it.

[Irony]

seanoconn - gruagach craic!