E3 Classic

Mad_Malx
Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
edited January 23 in Pro race

Promoters have learned from their previous mistakes with the sexist posters and have now gone for another target 😯

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655

Yeah I mean, it's a shame one of the best races of the year is marketed by people stuck in the 70s.

Side note: I see the Americanisation of identity politics also occurs in Belgium - LBTQ isn't the Dutch acronym, is it?

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455

The "LGBTQ community being wildly enthusiastic about" the "bareback" part is especially disgraceful considering people in the gay community suffer much higher rates of HIV infection and have a much higher impetus to practice safe sex.

E3 is a good race and really doesn't need shock value marketing.

PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449

It looks very much like a case of having a (bad) idea, then rushing it out to get maximum publicity from it.

It's really poor - crass, insensitive and of an era that I think most people are glad to be out of.

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

It's always nice to see people keeping up the Bernard Manning school of comedy.

🙄

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398

Seems like they are suggesting only gay people like butt stuff, which might be over simplifying things a bit (just ask Prince William).

By that logic I am not sure that lesbians are likely to be any more of a fan of male bareback seatpost riding than anyone else, so the whole thing doesn't really make sense...

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,535

This is google's translation in case anyone was struggling to understand

Wout Van Aert crosses the finish line without a saddle

LGBTQ community very enthusiastic

about that rainbow jersey from van der poel of course

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

I take it the D in your name doesn't stand for Davidson 😅

Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,791

I wouldn't say my mother in law is fat ... Cos she's quite thin really

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver