'ning

brrrighter day

stroll, smidge of wfh, bubbly lunch at baccarat, may extend into evening

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Moaning,

Looking forward to the brightness, defiantly Brrrr right now and don’t expect less Brrrr later on.

Happily slurping tea indoors right now – it may stay like this…

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Morning invertébré

Brr frikkin chilly brr. Minus silly something overnight.

2 more of Siberian then it's going tropical and then a week of biblical. Can't win.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Yay! Sun god’s back! 😃

I’d like to thank sun god for all his heavy lifting in Bottom Bracket. Pinno does his best bless him in S.G’s absence.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn

-6 ride in, winter clobber holding up well, fingers started to thaw once body got up to temperature. Coffee and keeping warm the order of the day.

• seanoconn

Fish and chips for me tonight Charlie. Breaking my low carb diet as I’ve been good and can’t be arsed to cook two different meals for the family later.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Cold walk with hounds, now work snizzle, early dart to run and see the sunset with some pals.

probably followed by the pub, hopefully cheaper than last night - £250 for a great meal but still…….. it was a pub meal 😳

• seanoconn
  • seanoconn

Hang on a min 🤔 tlw1, I’ve done the math. £25 on food?

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,608

Only -5 round my way and very little ice - just a quick squiry of deicer on then windscreen and off we go. Luckily no ice on the roads in the 'burbs for the ride partn of the communt. I can feel my toes again now...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Always been a great meal but suddenly the prices have ramped up

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198

After a 'woss gahn on' telephone chat yesterday via a remote working admin person, now today almost a month after the 'final checks' conversation the energy saving trust grant and 0% loan fundings for the renewables are in my account. Ker-ching. Nerdboi keeps close watch on the new infrastructure readings, I'm def using significantly less imported power cf last year. 👍 Estimated payback period? Who knows, too early.

Another bright sunny (charge that battery mssrs PV) though still showing -4 at midday. A stretch the legs aka get off the arris wander upcoming.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Afternoon folks,

Decidedly brrrr here this morning, had to drive the EPO in so also took the Panda for it's MOT, this meant no heated windscreen. Had to scrape the outside and the inside of the windscreen. Thankfully it passed the MOT with a sarcastic comment from the tester about it having all the same advisories as last year. I should probably fix some of them at least.

Out again tonight for a meal to celebrate the Syrian dentist's Msc. Some place on the South Bank I believe, should probably check.

WFH tomorrow so no riding on studded tyres for a while by the looks of the forecast. Passed a young lad on a road bike last night and he tried to keep up, caught me up at the gate and asked if my bike was electric, bloody cheek.

Onwards and upwards...

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Afternoon

Snowy here first thing now bright sunshine. Chased a trip to supermarket to get wine supplies for Mrs W, managed to make it without going in to lower power mode. Still a bit snotty but improving enough to do some climbing.

I think that’s me done with movement for the day.

• Stevo_666

Wahey, passed my BUPA 'MOT' with good marks so celebrating with sneaky pint before heading home. PSA test result comes in on Monday so will properly breathe easy when I get that.

• pinno

So we have to put up with you for a few more years yet?

• Stevo_666
  • Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

PSA = Pillock Shitty Arse by any chance.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Evening folks, just been out for a nice meal on the South Bank, walled to Vauxhall along the river having a chat with the lad. Now on a train having a bit of a proud parent moment. He's on a bit of a roll, happy living with his girlfriend and some others here, has a good job that he enjoys and they seem happy with him, he's in a good place with his life and is enjoying it.

• pinno

Youth is wasted on the young.

• pinno

Youth is also a condition which cures itself.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Still, there's not much better than being 22,23,24. Maybe skint (not that it sounds like V minor is skint), but the youth is a wonderful thing. It was football 3x per week, loads of mates, out all weekend, top quality music, the UK was an up and coming place. Now I'm 50, plenty of dough, but I never play football, I rarely see my mates, I listen to the same music I did 30 years ago, and the UK is a fucking laughing stock. Mind you, that's probably all because I'm old.