Monday: playing leapfrog with unicorns

Morning lépidoptère

Wot wot wot wot? No snow? Oh heck. Maybe later.

Packed DWT off to school and now time to shift DWS. It's frikkin windy out there and frikkin c c c c c c cold.

Stay upright you lot - too old to bounce.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Ooh, butterflies.

chilly Willy shrivelling ride in, managed to stay upright over the considerable icy patches. Coffee and work avoidance beckon.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

'ning

bright but really rather nippy

coffee wfh laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,232

Gym gymed and by god it was cold in there. I've never done a workout in a Rab insulated jacket but today was a first.

Mrs HD has today survived being married to me for 24 years, the poos soul.

Lots of work to do, I really should avoid the internet for a while.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727

Moaning,

Bright and v-v-very nippy Brrrrrr more layers required!

Inside slurping tea now trying to warm up. Should have ridden slower really, cut the ‘wind-chill’ factor, oh well more tea…

No plans for today as such maybe get out later when all the frost/icy bits have evaporated

• seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,608

Morning Peeps,

Took a bit of time to defrost the Panzer this morning but fortunately no black ice as it didn't go sideways on the back roads.

Cycling buddy send me some ride stats from yesterdays jaunt and compared our climb times with the corresponding KOMs. How we laughed 😅

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Windchill is usually suffered by the non-podgy type.

• seanoconn
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

podgers are more spherical, hence less surface area to lose heat for a given volume (mass) than the more svelte of us, plus there're the insulating properties of blubber

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,608

Cue loads of people coming out to say they suffer from windchill to prove that they're not fat f***ers 😄

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Me too

Afternoon folks,

Bit fresh out, managed a crackly wobble in on the old MTB with the spiky tyres. A fair bit of windchill as I was pedalling hard to get warm. Re the spiky tyres; do it Oxo. They are more draggy, but not appalling. I'm on an old rigid 26"MTB with 1.75" Marathon ice something and they are no more draggy than regular knobbly tyres, but I only do about 5.5 miles each way. A more road oriented 700c on the gravel bike should be alright. One of the reviews for the spiky tyres warned that they give a false sense of security as the guy fell over getting off his bike as his shoes had no grip but the bike did. They are probably overkill for SW London, but it does get icy in the parks and I think I was off the bike for about 3 months after my off last January. We certainly don't bounce as well as we used to.

Congratulations on the anniversary HD, and well done to the long suffering for putting up with you.

Just walked to Sainsbury's and it's lovely and sunny out there, still cold however. But bloody freezing in the shady bits.

Have a good day everyone and it you're on your bike keep it rubber side down, same applies to the Panzer Stevo.

• Walkies today , nice and sunny and cold.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Evening

Manflu seems to be getting worse as I now seem to be a snot factory. Did manage to go for a walk in the winter sun but have done b@gger all else.

Might need to some more of that medicinal Brandy.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

busy day in the office, which meant shorter hound walk this morning and run tonight.

now sat in the lounge with the log burner and heating on, it just be cold

well done mrs HD