friday on anarres

'ning

looks dry for a change

ride cafes laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083

Hounds walked, work snizzle and maybe a run in the day because I can and more importantly want to remain in the top 1% of Strava and manflu is threatening that.

later is out in town with my nephew and his girlfriend, should be fun

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090

Grey and wet and windy. Frikkin hell.

Suffering a bit after a heavy ABS session yesterday. All for the good.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217

'ning

10 miles on the turbo this morning, nearly died.

CBA going to Church Stretton for a cake, looks rainy down there.

Not really in the mood for yoga class at the gym either.

Weather here is reasonable, forecast is biblical again tomorrow.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

Double sausage and egg McMuffin on order. Collect long lost sister from along the coast, inland a bit for dinner at parents then home when wifey starts grumbling about the cooking and the dust.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

gloomy and windynippy, but no rain, roads heavily mulched so still slippy

resisted mince pie at cafe stop, having toast with patum peperium as a reward

• pinno
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

Gentleman's relish eh sungod? Never had it on toast. Sometimes use as an ingredient.

The sky has shown itself for a short while, though more weather looks to be coming from the west.

Hopefully enough dryness to venture out with the dog later.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605

Bit of a lie in, hounds to be walked shortly then the in-laws descend this afternoon for a delayed Xmas visit, so Mrs. 666 is busy being grumpy and stressbagging on her birthday (even though she decided to invite them over for today). At least I can have a drink later and the more annoying/boring in-laws can't make it this time ☺️

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129

traditionally spread thinly on toast, butter the toast first, imo ideally a wheat/rye sourdough

mrs beeton had her own recipe which is... "usually eaten spread upon toast, and is said to form an excellent bonne bouche, which enables gentlemen at wine-parties to enjoy their port with redoubled gusto"

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

Morning folks,

Slow start is being enjoyed, can't believe it's Friday already. Got a couple of bits to sort before going to help a mate with his plumbing problems. Had a new bathroom installed 5 years ago, now there is an inaccessible problem because everything has been tiled over. Hope he's got some spare tiles.

Forgot Seano was on the coast, can offer assistance later. How's the eye 'loon? Good luck Stevie. I'm in the top 1% on Strava, for members of this household that is. Also in the bottom 1% though.

• thistle_

The place is full of ultrarunners, red sock wearers and weirdos with portable radios.

• Webboo2
    Webboo2 Posts: 905

Evening

Dragged out early to go to MiL’s house to dismantle a metal store. After a quick inspection my suggestion of leaving it for who ever buys the house was met with very frosty reception. So much undoing of painted over bolts, drilling out rivets and a fair bit of brute force to snap some welds, it came down. Then back home for a very windy bike ride before falling a sleep watching the cyclocross.

• Stevo_666

In-laws have ****ed off, now to finish off the open bottles of wine 🙂

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,197

You can't have euro sized bottles only pints elsewise you'll endanger your #toryscum fanboi status. Just sayin'.

• seanoconn
  • Stevo_666

I reckon Loon is just in a bit of a mood now that the Buckfast anesthetic has worn off and he's realised that he's still living in Scotland 🙂

• I may have missed Friday. There was considerable time-wastage with pointless tasks now left unfinished. Did a couple hours on the bike. Only other achievement for the day was to bring the rubbish bins back up the driveway without injury.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
  • veronese68

Found a 15mm thru-axle with a nut on the end from the Prime wheels Seano, that might get you out of trouble.

I'll send the picture on WhatsApp as the proxy forum says validation failed again 🙄

• beansnikpoh
  • beansnikpoh

Pics working for me. Idiot dog digging on the beach today. Random prime thru axle image search above.

• The image fail thing appears to be related to the file size. Phone pix by default are quite big, or at least iPhone ones are it seems. I had same issue repeatedly till I faffed about saving the image at a lower resolution and file size.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_

I think the old forum used to sort this out automatically, resize them server side?

Progress eh if that's that case.

• seanoconn

Had the same problem earlier. Cropped pic loaded fine. Full size validation failed.

• seanoconn

Golden sand with a golden dog and moody sky. Likey.

• seanoconn
    edited December 2023

Thanks very much for that @veronese68

my axel. Would I be correct in guessing I need an M10 axle nut?

• veronese68

Could be, the machined surfaces of the axle are 12mm so the thread will be a little under. I'm not sure but Google should have the answer. Just realised I sent a needless WhatsApp after you'd posted these.