tuesday it's pineapples all the way down

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    Afternoon folks,
    Pinno's prediction should have been pretty much spot on as my life is that predictable, however I seem to have more of Oxo's day. Developed some form of plague so I'm WFH today. Haven't told the boss where to go yet, but there's plenty of time for that. The lad is coming over tonight to cook for us as the EPO has the same thing and we both caught it off the lad.
    Although pining for the beautiful former assistant has probably weakened my immue system which isn't helping.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448

Afternoon folks,
    Pinno's prediction should have been pretty much spot on as my life is that predictable, however I seem to have more of Oxo's day. Developed some form of plague so I'm WFH today. Haven't told the boss where to go yet, but there's plenty of time for that. The lad is coming over tonight to cook for us as the EPO has the same thing and we both caught it off the lad.
    Although pining for the beautiful former assistant has probably weakened my immue system which isn't helping.

Did you ever tell her how you felt? Maybe your lack of action was a factor in her departure.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448
    Update from A&E is a broken nail, no broken toe, quelle surprise
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • This my yearly "I'm buried in CE and ISO guff" post.

The prospect of painting a white ceiling white again this evening is a more exciting prospect.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,460

This my yearly "I'm buried in CE and ISO guff" post.

The prospect of painting a white ceiling white again this evening is a more exciting prospect.

White on White is a nightmare. There will forever be a small bit you missed.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

Did you ever tell her how you felt? Maybe your lack of action was a factor in her departure.
    That would have accelerated her departure, she's a carpet muncher. I frequently told her how good she was and tried to look after her as best I could. Had to protect her from unwanted advances from other members of staff on more than one occasion. That's why we didn't invite everyone to her leaving do, she wanted to be able to relax. I'd worked with her for 10 years in different capacities, when I was in sales she dealt with my orders in the warehouse. You wind up feeling protective almost in the way you do your own child, except I would have driven her to the hospital :D
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    I wasn’t bored with board as I climbed yesterday. Messed about with the Clematis trying to stop it going under the guttering. I then noticed a slug or two so decided to go round picking them up, 91 later I gave up. Then messed around with my pedals, for some reason my latest ones creak couldn’t suss why. Something to with the cleat which doesn’t happen on any of the others.
    So filled an old pair with grease put them on and went for a ride. 70 miles and probably the last time this year with bare arms and legs.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,732
    pinno said:

[Stevo]

Working from man cave today. That's where I can keep an eye on the builders because there's an issue with the wall from the neighbour including tree roots. Pedalling with a mate later after tramp fuel.

Scotland: nil points :)

Up in town today. Spent most of the day in a meeting with the legalised highwaymen aka HMRC, managed to minimise the damage and they seemed to go away happy so job's a good'un. Now feeling a tad tired.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Well that was as enjoyable as expected…
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,460

...she's a carpet muncher.

That's what she told you :smiley:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    edited October 2023
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

[Stevo]

Working from man cave today. That's where I can keep an eye on the builders because there's an issue with the wall from the neighbour including tree roots. Pedalling with a mate later after tramp fuel.

Scotland: nil points :)
    Man in Jockland 17, Square pants Stevo 0.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,732

seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

That would have accelerated her departure, she's a carpet muncher. I frequently told her how good she was and tried to look after her as best I could. Had to protect her from unwanted advances from other members of staff on more than one occasion. That's why we didn't invite everyone to her leaving do, she wanted to be able to relax. I'd worked with her for 10 years in different capacities, when I was in sales she dealt with my orders in the warehouse. You wind up feeling protective almost in the way you do your own child, except I would have driven her to the hospital :D
    Maybe if you'd identified as a woman you might have scored? :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

I've met her girlfriend, the two of them live in a house with her equally beautiful mother and her girlfriend. Best not to think about it too much.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,591

seanoconn said:

Afternoon folks,

rm friends assure me it's rug, not carpet, and we all wish her well
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,737
    Now back in The Homeland, in homeland weather of course, after couple nights back in The Valley with #1 daughter and partner, after 3 nights in Poperinge. Not Bruges Mr P. So there. But consistently well lubricated on Belgian beers.

Luvverly wevver over in Vlaanderen, got to 25 at times. In October. Well fed, well watered. And we all got active, lots of walking plus the hire bike ride round the countryside. Just a shame that the In De Vrede cafe at Westvleteren Trappist monastery aka brewery was closed on holiday. Again. Have they hacked my calendar?
  • pinno

pinno said:

I've met her girlfriend, the two of them live in a house with her equally beautiful mother and her girlfriend. Best not to think about it too much.
    I won't think about it too much.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    edited October 2023
    pinno said:

[Thistle]

Wandered up a hill.

Tru dat