pinno Posts: 52,089
    tlw1 said:

Might even ride a bike later 😳

Holy fcuk.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Morning hurluberlu

Windy and grey and very mild and just all a bit odd.
    I guess i'll be rollering today.

• pinno
    edited October 2023
    [Stevo]

Working from man cave today. That's where I can keep an eye on the builders because there's an issue with the wall from the neighbour including tree roots. Pedalling with a mate later after tramp fuel.
  • pinno
    [WS]

Took [insert relative] in the ute for yet another Feng shu appointment after driving around the shed. Weather's not great.
  • pinno
    [Oxo]

The lad came over and cooked us all baked beans on toast which is just as well as I have a dose of the lurgy and if I can shake it off, i'll go for a pedal. I told the boss the what for and he can't do nothing about it or i'll get the lad to beat him up and i'm indispensable and the company would be fcuked without me.
  • pinno
    [seanoconn]

Bought some baked beans off Oxo for my wife and my mate sold me some home made wine for £1 so that should get me bonky bonky.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    it's pinno all the way down
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    edited October 2023
    [VN69]

Afternoon

More fun in the office today after the beautiful assistant left and I have to teach the new boy the IT system which he's not used to as it's the latest DOS but he won't get a computer until the boss buys him one. Went for a wander at lunchtime to get a sandwich and wobbled back but wasn't run over by a car which is a blessing I suppose. Have to go over to the old dears to shift some furniture and then it's not out for a curry tonight as it's only Tuesday but there's a gig at the Taj Mahal where the Thrashers are playing so that will kill 2 birds with one stone and I might be a bit hungover.
  • pinno
    ['Loon]

Got pi$$ed after wandering Bruges and swimming in the river and now even more cross eyed than I ever was. Been looking for Tories but cannot find one. I guess there's not many on the continent.
  • pinno
    [Thistle]

Wandered up a hill.

• pinno
    [Photonic]

Back is fcuked but i'll try and pedal later if I can find the thing.
  • pinno
    [beansnikpoh]

Off to the West country after work and then coming back in the morning and then off again where i'll pedal up a hill and eat all the pies and then back up to London and then i'll be off to Sydney where I hear they make lovely pies with a special demi glace then it's back here and back down the road to the West country whilst Mrs B³ goes shopping all over the world.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,669
    @pinno LoL

WFW. Actual pedal in too! Brakes must have been rubbing and tyres flat as it was hard as fcuk.

Foggy. Warm.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pinno
    [Webboo]

Bored of the board so borrowed a book about bouldering in Bolton.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Did you mean this book

• pinno
    I wasn't far off.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Managed to get a £1 bottle of wine 🍷 off a mate so should be in with a shout if she doesn’t start drinking too early and fall asleep.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    pinno said:

[WS]

Took [insert relative] in the ute for yet another Feng shu appointment after driving around the shed. Weather's not great.

Double fail. (You may have the date wrong...). Stayed home, barely visited the shed, weather was fabulous. Sat out in it for much of the day. This is against advice, since I had yet another thing hacked off my chest yesterday for pathology, expected outcome is merely another scar though.

It's *tomorrow* I have to do the drive around thing a bit.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    pinno said:

[beansnikpoh]

Off to the West country after work and then coming back in the morning and then off again where i'll pedal up a hill and eat all the pies and then back up to London and then i'll be off to Sydney where I hear they make lovely pies with a special demi glace then it's back here and back down the road to the West country whilst Mrs B³ goes shopping all over the world.

😃

Ooh, pies with demi glace. Lush. Mushy peas on the side?

Mrs B³ does like to travel. Good job she got an extra team shoved under her and a whacking great pay rise. Just as I was getting closer to her as well. Now very much the poor relation again.
  • seanoconn
    @pinno 👏 👏 your contribution to BB is always appreciated. I might have a word with the other BBers and see if we can vote on a possible life membership for you 👍
  • seanoconn
    Phone call from Missus to ask if I can collect No2 son from school and take him to hospital as he’s hurt his toe. In the past 10 years No2 son has had 2 broken backs, 3 broken legs, several broken wrists and pulled every muscle in his body. None of the bones were actually broken or required hospital treatment. Rather than spend my afternoon in A&E again with the drama Queen I’ve asked the missus to take a turn for a change. Although I’ll probably get home later to find his toe has been amputated just to spite me.
  • photonic69
    seanoconn said:

@pinno 👏 👏 your contribution to BB is always appreciated. I might have a word with the other BBers and see if we can vote on a possible life membership for you 👍

I think a lifetime Peerage is required for Pinno. Sir Pinno? (Does sound a bit like a Welsh mountain though)

• photonic69
    seanoconn said:

Phone call from Missus to ask if I can collect No2 son from school and take him to hospital as he’s hurt his toe. In the past 10 years No2 son has had 2 broken backs, 3 broken legs, several broken wrists and pulled every muscle in his body. None of the bones were actually broken or required hospital treatment. Rather than spend my afternoon in A&E again with the drama Queen I’ve asked the missus to take a turn for a change. Although I’ll probably get home later to find his toe has been amputated just to spite me.

Careful. He'll come back a Pobble. Mark my words

The Pobble who has no toes
    Had once as many as we;
    When they said, 'Some day you may lose them all;'--
    He replied, -- 'Fish fiddle de-dee!'
    And his Aunt Jobiska made him drink,
    Lavender water tinged with pink,
    For she said, 'The World in general knows
    There's nothing so good for a Pobble's toes!'

• beansnikpoh
    seanoconn said:

Probably his whole foot. Then there'll be no bonky bonky, despite the £1 wine.
  • pinno
    Nothing beats a bit of Edward Lear. It's worth pasting the whole thing and then the so very sad Dong with the luminous nose...

While ever he seeks, but seeks in vain
    To meet with his Jumbly Girl again;
    Lonely and wild — all night he goes, —
    The Dong with a luminous Nose!
    And all who watch at the midnight hour,
    From Hall or Terrace, or lofty Tower...
  • beansnikpoh
    Seems to be school trip day. Millions of kids all over the place. Lovely lovely day for it mind you. Surely must be the last day for a comfortable lunch outdoors for 6 months.
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Morning. Looks like Mr P got out of bed the wrong side or someone's knicked his toys...

Au contraire, c'est une reveille.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,659
    seanoconn said:

Dose of MTFU in the brekky cereal needed for him?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • photonic69
    edited October 2023
    pinno said:

Nothing beats a bit of Edward Lear. It's worth pasting the whole thing and then the so very sad Dong with the luminous nose...

While ever he seeks, but seeks in vain
    To meet with his Jumbly Girl again;
    Lonely and wild — all night he goes, —
    The Dong with a luminous Nose!
    And all who watch at the midnight hour,
    From Hall or Terrace, or lofty Tower...

I was once the Dong with *unrequired love for a Jumbly Girl. Plus at the time I had a fcuking massive, pulsating boil on the end of my nose. Sad times. Very sad times.

*unrequited - damn autocombobble