Boardman SLR

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,721

Did the Boardman seller respond to your question?

Find it odd not to get quick replies, I have sold loads of cycling parts and a few bikes on ebay and always try to get back to people within an hour, if at all possible. As a seller I would want to keep people interested!

Never did. Boardman came back via Halfords though, saying they think it might be compatible with mechanical and would be happy to look at the frame and give me some options if I book it into one of their shops... clearly not the local in Leamington with the spotty teenager who couldn't do a wheelchair's wheel... didn't feel me with much confidence
    There's a farcebork group Boardman Bikes Owners, and there's an experienced Halfords guy Richard Worthington on it who knows his stuff. Perhaps contact him?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    orraloon said:

Did the Boardman seller respond to your question?

Find it odd not to get quick replies, I have sold loads of cycling parts and a few bikes on ebay and always try to get back to people within an hour, if at all possible. As a seller I would want to keep people interested!

Never did. Boardman came back via Halfords though, saying they think it might be compatible with mechanical and would be happy to look at the frame and give me some options if I book it into one of their shops... clearly not the local in Leamington with the spotty teenager who couldn't do a wheelchair's wheel... didn't feel me with much confidence
    There's a farcebork group Boardman Bikes Owners, and there's an experienced Halfords guy Richard Worthington on it who knows his stuff. Perhaps contact him?
    To be honest, I don't think I want to buy from someone who does not reply to a simple question...
    left the forum March 2023
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    this one seems interesting, but after extensive searches on past catalogues (can you tell I am not working?) I found out it's a 2013 model and the lowest tier of Supersix, non HM, basically a very slight upgrade over my current frame, probably not worth bothering... frame + fork about 1.45kg, mine is 1.6kg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255664384947?hash=item3b86c8ebb3:g:jeoAAOSwmkli7nqb
    left the forum March 2023
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    It's not Brexit specifically, it's HMRC tax rules, which were also brought in across Europe under EU/EEA changes. We just did it ahead of them.