sunday watching the sugar on the doughnut deliquesce

'ning

ride and cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,896
    Walk hounds then run with some friends (too hot for the hounds) a few jobs and then pub I imagine.

I assume it will be shorter than yesterday when a pal and I nipped in after a fun bike ride and missed dinner 🙄
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,491
    Cloudy and windy and grey again. Meh.
    Today will be Dad's taxi.

Shorty is 10 today; say happy birthday Shorty!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,800
    edited August 2022
    Happy birthday Shorty...

Feeling fully human now. Quietish day, decided not to ride this weekend as will do the communt tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533
    Happy 🎂🎂🎂 day Shorty! Hope you have a super day, and all your wishes come true. With cake.

Dog walk for me, then back home on the train.
  • pinno
    edited August 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

Geeling fully human now.

Sure about that?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,612

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

Geeling fully human now.

Sure about that?
    I am, but autocorrect isn't...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,758
    pinno said:

say happy birthday Shorty!

Is that the shortfall likebot? 🤭 Joyeux anniversaire anyroads.

Ou est le soleil? Though I suppose it's better when expending energy attacking the jungle garden. Cut it, bag it, tip it, burn it, keep on keepin' on.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,896
    Happy birthday shorty
  • pinno
    Thanks for your Birthday wishes but she is grumpy as hell.

'It's my (birthday) party and i'll cry if I want to...'
  • sungod

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,172
    sungod said:

'ning

ride and cafes, bask

Ditto.
    Got a funny look when I went back to the first cafe a few hours later for seconds.
    Saw some arrows on lamp posts so followed them to see where they went, but lost them after a while so went and found some more to follow ("circular cycle route" or something equally strange).
    Got back 120km later :smiley:

Hope Shorty's having a good birthday and you're enjoying your party Pinno.
  • beansnikpoh
    120km, that's good work thistle.

I did some "zone 3 intervals" for an hour on the peloton. Actual bike tomorrow.

I had a mixed grill for lunch in a Cov pub. I'm sure a mixed grill always used to include a lamb chop and a pork chop with a kidney attached. This one didn't. Regretting the salt and cheap meat overload, but lunch with soft drinks for 4 adults and 3 kids was £80.

Sitting in the garden now. It's pretty warm, but very pleasant. Garden could use a sweep.
  • beansnikpoh
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,172

120km, that's good work thistle.

It was more about the cafes and sunshine than the distance :smile:

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,391
    Evening folks and happy birthday Shorty.
    Took the old dear into Kingston to buy some stuff for the house this morning, then spent most of the afternoon putting curtain rails up. Sister arrived from Italy a little while ago with idiot husband and daughter so I will happily leave them to do stuff for a little while. There isn't another husband, just the idiot.
  • pinno
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

'ning

ride and cafes, bask

Ditto.
    Got a funny look when I went back to the first cafe a few hours later for seconds.
    Saw some arrows on lamp posts so followed them to see where they went, but lost them after a while so went and found some more to follow ("circular cycle route" or something equally strange).

Well, things improved.
    Some weeks ago, we were donating some stuff to the local re-use centre and I spotted a bike. White with Pink flashes and it just looked proper. I asked what they wanted for it and they said £60. I snapped it up.
    I doubt it had ever been ridden - it was a pristine, women's 40cm bike (small) and wondered if Shorty would fit on it if I lowered the saddle, brought it forward etc but even so, too good to pass and she would grow into it.
    It fits (just)
    Looked it up - Pinnacle Neon Hybrid, available from Wiggle around the £430 mark (£459 for the disc version) !!
    So this evening, I took her up a local climb, it's steady, nothing steep and she moaned a lot and I said that if she could talk (as she was), then she can breath fine and if she breathed properly, she would make it all the way up. So she did and I said that she could look forward to going back down.
    Fair play to her, I sat behind her and she was up to 22mph going back down. No fear apart from a camber (which I anticipated and know well - it's tricky at 35+) where she shouted 'i'm loosing control' and I calmly told her to brake softly.
    Overall, she was flush with delight and adrenalin and wants to go again soon.

It is rather smart (and would suit Stevo):

• sungod
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

sungod said:

'ning

ride and cafes, bask

Ditto.

Well, things improved.
    Some weeks ago, we were donating some stuff to the local re-use centre and I spotted a bike. White with Pink flashes and it just looked proper. I asked what they wanted for it and they said £60. I snapped it up.
    I doubt it had ever been ridden - it was a pristine, women's 40cm bike (small) and wondered if Shorty would fit on it if I lowered the saddle, brought it forward etc but even so, too good to pass and she would grow into it.
    It fits (just)
    Looked it up - Pinnacle Neon Hybrid, available from Wiggle around the £430 mark (£459 for the disc version) !!
    So this evening, I took her up a local climb, it's steady, nothing steep and she moaned a lot and I said that if she could talk (as she was), then she can breath fine and if she breathed properly, she would make it all the way up. So she did and I said that she could look forward to going back down.
    Fair play to her, I sat behind her and she was up to 22mph going back down. No fear apart from a camber (which I anticipated and know well - it's tricky at 35+) where she shouted 'i'm loosing control' and I calmly told her to brake softly.

hurrah for shorty!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,758
    Nice one Pinno and Shorty.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

sungod said:

'ning

ride and cafes, bask

Ditto.

Well, things improved.
    It fits (just)

How much do you want for it? :smile: