SRAM Red Bleeding issues - liquid not moving

jondion
jondion Posts: 4
Hi, I changed my handlebar recently, and I had to change the hoses to have more reach to connect the shifters. I had to do a full bleeding process to remove the air, but when doing, the mineral fluid is not moving. It's not my first time doing the bleed on this bike, all the valves seems open. I also cut the cable twice and placed the olives again to make sure it was not that.

What's wrong ? Thanks.

Comments

• You say mineral fluid, Sram is Dot for a start
    What type is it, is it is it Bleeding Edge or the other type?
  • jondion
    jondion Posts: 4
    @trevor.hall12 sorry yes it's dot fluid. Yes, it's the Bleeding Edge. I have already done it last week with the old hoses and everything was working fine. Maybe the problem is the hose? I looked quickly inside the frame and I did not seem any cable pinch. I'm thinking maybe it's the handlebar, the first holes are tight as you can see here https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0602/5537/1439/products/F1handle1_1000x1500.png?v=1650135934
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I'd suspect one of the barbs being incorrectly inserted so that it has squished all the liner to one side.
  • trevor.hall12
    trevor.hall12 Posts: 419
    edited June 2022
    Clearly there is a blockage somewhere if the syringes arnt moving. Is it front and rear or just one, would be odd for both to be blocked at the same time. Unless you made the same error in both.
    Only solution would be to start at the simplist fixes and work your way from there to fully reinstalling. First thing would be to ensure the BE port is open properly, it's the most obvious if there are no leaks,
  • mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    Funnily enough I have just logged in with the same problem. Same day as well. I installed new calipers last year and the brakes were fine. If anything, one was too sharp and they dragged. A crack of the bleed screw and they were perfect. Recently both brakes have faded. Methinks air must be in but no idea where.
    Anyway. Last night I bled one. Not a scrap of air came out but still damn poor braking. I did wonder about the bladder in the lever so gently lifted it. Fine. Now I have the same problem as the OP. Must be some muck in there. Tried to push fluid from both neds. Nowt. Took the caliper off. Nowt .
    Hmmm
    New hose maybe?
    Oh yeah, don't try to get a new bladder. stock levels are zero and November is the best predicited delivery
  • mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    Possibly solved the non moving fluid. Instructions say, open the bleeding edge thingy one full turn. Thats what I did. Open it two and it works. No idea if this is the real problem or solution but I can now move fluid.