sunday terminat hora diem; terminat auctor opus

2»

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Happy cake day V68!

Hope Mother V makes you a decent one!

I've been to polesden lacey. Mrs H³ bought NT cards, and we're making sure we get full value it seems.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Happy cake day V68!

I've been to polesden lacey. Mrs H³ bought NT cards, and we're making sure we get full value it seems.

Regardez vous, les ciels bleu d'angleterre. Et aussi the nascent wisteria, which will make it even more English.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Crystal Palace park this morning with friends then Horniman gardens in the afternoon complete with alpacas, goats and chickens.

99 with flake and chocolate sauce gobbled as well as chocolate and walnut crunch cake.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Oh and HB VN.
    How old are you?!
    Not as old as Stevo surely?

There's a clue in our usernames...
    6th of the 6th 66?

Now to work out VN... might need a calculator.
    We just need his account details and we’re in 👍
    We'll split the 47 pence, 2 buttons and a stale Smarty.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,696
    hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Happy cake day V68!

Regardez vous, les ciels bleu d'angleterre. Et aussi the nascent wisteria, which will make it even more English.

Would that be the Chinese Wisteria or the Japanese Wisteria?

Prefer the Japanese myself, big fragrant racemes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Oh and HB VN.
    How old are you?!

6th of the 6th 66?

Oh now come on. We can’t clean him out totally. Maybe leave the buttons for his retirement? Have a heart Pinno
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    orraloon said:

hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Happy cake day V68!

Ooh, I dunno 'loon.

I just went to go see what ours is, that we will train over Mrs H³'s office, planted last spring, just starting to leaf.

The wrong sort it seems...

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,428
    orraloon said:

hopkinb said:

hopkinb said:

Happy cake day V68!

Wisteria, treat em mean, keep em keen.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

Oh and HB VN.
    How old are you?!

6th of the 6th 66?

You'd better hurry up before I buy a house.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    W. sinensis is also cool, tough as you like. Prune twice per year (at least), summer to remove the tangle of rampant green flowerless leaders and February on flowering stems back to 4-6 big fat buds. Just that the Japanese variant adds in fragrance.

Barbie barbied and retreat indoors out of that bitter wind induced low temp. Tonight is a Spotify fest at high volume of Jim Steinman RIP stuff, first up Bat Out of Hell.

October 19, back when such things were normal, #1 Daughter for my birthday took me to the Steve Steinman (no relation) show 'Anything for Love' which also featured Lorraine Crosby aka Mrs Loud, the female vocalist on 'I'd Do Anything for Love' by MeatLoaf. 'Kin A show.

#1 Daughter is a Steinman / MeatLoaf fan. Good genes obvs.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,155
    Happy birthday v68.

Went for a "run" up a hill. Got back sans water bottle. Found it back at the trig point :neutral:

Wonder how tlw1 is getting on in x ray.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Been practicing the guitar more than I have for ages today. Fingers are sore now. Boo.

@orraloon - do you grow wisteria in big pots? I like the idea of them up at the summer house, to which I will be adding a pergola in the half term holiday, but I know absolutely nothing about gardening.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,874
    thistle_ said:

Happy birthday v68.

Went for a "run" up a hill. Got back sans water bottle. Found it back at the trig point :neutral:

😂

All good, but knackered

• tlw1
    Happy birthday v68
  • orraloon
    Yes, can grow them out of tubs. Limits their growth, they are hungry rampant growers so need the water and nutrients. So if you want to keep 'em small pots can work. If want to grow out to cover a pergola I would put them in the ground.
  • orraloon
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Happy birthday v68.

😂

All good, but knackered

You are Danny MacAskill and ICMFP.
  • tlw1
    orraloon said:

tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Happy birthday v68.

😂

All good, but knackered

You are Danny MacAskill and ICMFP.
    Except I was running
  • hopkinb
    edited April 2021
    orraloon said:

Yes, can grow them out of tubs. Limits their growth, they are hungry rampant growers so need the water and nutrients. So if you want to keep 'em small pots can work. If want to grow out to cover a pergola I would put them in the ground.

I have a vast (metre cubed) pot of compost and topsoil mixed. I keep it topped up with chicken shit and bone meal, plus liquid feed in growing season. If I hadn't concreted over everything, it would be in the ground.

Works for my roses, which are starting to bud.

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    @tlw1 was a blue bird day wasn't it, even if the wind was a bit stiff at times.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Congratulations V and also to our resident fell runner. I've run up snowden once when I was a LOT younger and down it a couple of years ago to prove a point to some young whippersnappers that I was quicker than them. PS I was wearing walking boots and a rucksack as well, I won but won't do it again in boots. Lost a couple of toe nails proving I was fitter than them.

😂
  • tlw1
    Flâneur said:

@tlw1 was a blue bird day wasn't it, even if the wind was a bit stiff at times.

It was awesome wasn’t it, started in a short sleeve top and then after 8 miles as the climbing got serious ended up putting layers on.