Locking bike at front of house to a secure wall anchor w/ a motorbike chain...who will insure that?

I have about 1m of front 'garden' behind a wall that I have bolted a wall anchor to, and planning to add a second bolt to the concrete floor. I phoned cycleplan this morning to ask about what chains they will accept and was told flat out that they won't insure this arrangement at all.

Does anybody know who would? Doesn't have to be specific bike insurance if home some insurance would cover it. Bike values would be circa £300 & £600.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, I didn't see an insurance forum!

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Ironically you'd be better off with a bike barn / tool store type arrangement that is potentially less secure but more out of sight. That can then be classed as an outbuilding and insure the contents. Might need a ground anchor in place.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    bike barn with ground anchor in it with wall anchor should be a good deterrent and slow pesky thieves down.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    tbh, at that value they're probably covered under household insurance.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Most household insurance would not cover them left out in the open. Mine requires them to be locked to the building infrastructure, not just inside and locked up.
  • me-109 said:

Most household insurance would not cover them left out in the open. Mine requires them to be locked to the building infrastructure, not just inside and locked up.

The wall anchors would be locked to the infrastructure e.g. into the brick and concrete?

I would struggle to fit any sort of bike barn in the space sadly.
  • MattFalle

me-109 said:

The wall anchors would be locked to the infrastructure e.g. into the brick and concrete?

I would struggle to fit any sort of bike barn in the space sadly.
    they are still out in the open though.

no chance of hanging them off a wall inside the crib?
  • MattFalle

like this in Jerry's apartment, framed by the utter sheer vision of perfection and joy and wonderfulness that is Elaine. She is wonderful and we are getting married.