ARGON 18 GALLIUM CS 2019 vs CANYON ULTIMATE CF SL 7.0

Hi all,

I am new in the forum!

I am looking for a new carbon road bike. I come from a 90's steel road bike :) and MTB. After reading many reviews I am between the Canyon Ultimate CF SL 7.0 2021 and an Argon 18 Gallium CS 105 2019.

The thing is I have the chance of buying the Gallium CS but I have not found much about this bike and I was wondering if someone have previous experience...

I am clear about buying a carbon bike with Shimano 105 R7000 and rim brakes (despite everything, I still being fan of rim brakes).

I just want a reliable and durable bike for riding a couple of time a week.

I know Canyon one is very good value for money...

So, what do you think?

Thanks in advance for your advices! I really appreciate them.

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    If you're in the UK and intend buying new MF is afraid the decison may have already been taken for you.

#soz
    #bluepassports
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    How soon would you like your bike? that's a big factor when ordering from Canyon at the moment. there are often long wait times for Canyons (beyond the time they quote) and as MF alludes above, with the border situation, this may be exasperated.

From what i've heard, the people that have Argon's love them.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Canyon have ceased importing for the moment until Brexit is decided. Rose have ceased trading with the UK altogether
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    amrushton said:

Canyon have ceased importing for the moment until Brexit is decided. Rose have ceased trading with the UK altogether

That's what that MF bloke said up top isn't it.

#trustMF
    #MFknowz
    #atleastyougotbluepassports
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Fear not Canyon are still taking orders, but won't be despatched until the 11 Jan.
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2020
    Or are they?

#whoknows?
  • flasher
    edited December 2020
    Canyon said:

Changes to the ordering and shipment process

The UK’s Brexit transition period ends on 31st December, so we’ve put extra processes in place to ensure your bike can be ordered and shipped without any issues. Due to the uncertainty and potential bottlenecks at the border, we are temporarily halting shipment of all bikes from 19th December until at least 11th January. We want your order to be tracked accurately and any hold-up at the border will challenge our ability to do this.

Despite stopping shipment, we will be taking orders throughout the transitional period. Once you have placed your order, you will receive confirmation by email. As soon as we’re able to ship your order, we will again notify you by email along with payment details. Bikes that have a dispatch date beyond 11th January will be unaffected by the temporary pause on shipments.

• MattFalle
    Doesn't that mean something quite different from what you have posted?

#smallprint
  • flasher
    edited December 2020
    MattFalle said:

If you're in the UK and intend buying new MF is afraid the decison may have already been taken for you.

#soz
    #bluepassports

Clearly incorrect.

Canyon said:

We’ve temporarily paused shipments to the UK and Northern Ireland
    We’re doing all we can to minimise disruption while we modify our processes to comply with new legislation as a result of Brexit. This includes changes to our pricing format to include any duties applicable to the products ordered.

We have extensive experience in shipping bikes all over the world and will only have to make small changes. This means the purchasing process through Canyon after Brexit is unchanged to you, the customer, as we handle everything needed to ensure your Canyon order arrives swiftly and safely.

In order to carry out these changes we have paused all shipments between the 19th of December and the 11th of January. We can still process new orders and our dedicated UK customer service team are on hand to answer any queries.

• MattFalle
    Not that bit, the other bit. The bit not in bold.

#theotherbit
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Even without the whole Brexit thing though, Canyon aren't exactly known for delivering on time.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • flasher
    elbowloh said:

Even without the whole Brexit thing though, Canyon aren't exactly known for delivering on time.

Depends on stock, 2 friends had them delivered within a week, another friend took months!
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Back to the OP, I’ve had a Gallium Pro for several years now, and have found it really comfortable. It’s also got an unusual headset that allows you to effectively increase the head tube length and thus reduce the amount of stem showing if, like me, you can’t (or don’t want to) ride it slammed.
  • Thanks for your comments!
    I would not receive the bike in the UK and I can wait 2 months.
    I have heard good opinions about Argon 18 Gallium and Gallium Pro, but I worry about the quality of the Gallium CS model which is the lowest quality frame of the Gallium family.
  • MattFalle
    How do you mean "you are worried about the quality"

It's not going to fall apart if that is what you're worried about - its not from Sports Direct.

#confused
  • This guy above is the same guy who had a pop at me for slagging Halfords of on one of my posts the other day double standards or what now he’s slagging sports direct bikes of