Giant Flexpoint -any issues

Hi all, I'm looking at buying into a full suspension bike, and budgeting around £1500.
One of the bikes I quite like the look of was the Giant Stance. But reading the specs about the Flexpoint system that it uses on the rear, I didn't really like the sound of using frame flex instead of a pivot point- sounds like a recipe for a cracked frame.
I've read a few other posts about a possible issue with the concept, but wonder if it's something I really should worry about?

Alternatives i am looking at are Calibre Bossnut, and Sonder Cortex. Both of which I thing have the extra pivot.

Rich

Comments

• Hi @oxoman, thanks.
    I guess Giant know a thing or two about bikes, but the internet is a wonderful thing, and if you look hard enough you can find problems with anything. In this case though, I was concerned myself before seeing any evidence of early issues. But it looks like the problems may have been on early (2015) bikes only, and may not be an issue now. As you say giant would have fixed it in the last 5 years if it was a problem.

I hear your point about the Bossnut, and my head (and wallet) say that's the way to go. I can't get my heart to agree though!

Rich
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Many frames over the years have used that system successfully, no issues.

That said, as above, the Bossnut IS a better bike for the money.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.