Stepping up to a full sus....

Having learnt the MTB ropes on a hard tail Specialized Rockhopper for over 2 years now, I want to step up to a full sus and have a max £2k budget. 99% of my riding is XC in the Surrey Hills. Any guidance on what to go for would be appreciated.

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited July 2020
    Take a look at the various 'best bike' in your budget reviews on YouTube. Something will catch your attention.

Narrow down your options by deciding on 27.5 or 29 inch wheel size bikes.

Choose between xc, trail, etc. oriented bikes based on not just where you ride but how you plan to ride now and in the the future.

Sorry if it seems like general advice but there is a lot of choices available so you could do with a clearer picture of what you want.

Then you can worry about finding a bike that is in stock as everyone wants a new bike at the moment! 😷👍
  • Thanks for your feedback. I'm definite on a 29 inch wheel and an XC bike and want to avoid SRAM gears. I'll take a look on YouTube, cheers.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited July 2020
    Take a look at Giant Trance 3, 29er on or around budget except it might be Sram 12 speed? A Mate has one, it's seems a good bike for the money and worth a look at. I'm with you, personally think Shimano is better.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    edited July 2020
    Trance is a trail bike. The Anthem though is a great XC bike and will handle all but the roughest trails as well.
    The 2020 Anthem 29 2 is SLX-equipped and if you shop around you may be lucky enough to get one for sub-£2k. Availability is the big problem now though.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Thanks all. I love the look of the 2020 Anthem 29 2, just can't seem to find it below £2,500! Let me know if happen to see one.....
  • loltoride
    loltoride Posts: 460
    I think the problem you are going to find is almost everything is sold out or just order a new model and wait a few months.
    So Far!