my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning,cooler in Lincoln, hope it’s a bit milder in Norfolk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,896
    Dark on the dog walk this morning :(
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, aching from a weekend of bikes. More drudgery today, no end in sight.
  • Morning. Nice here sunny but cool so hopefully warming up. Ride this morning then kip before work tonight.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,172
    Morning
    Rode to work as it's the only chance I'll have this week and now I'm feeling ill, doesn't bode well for the weekend.
    Had a productive first hour though - for a change.
    It's not raining though!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, office smells of TCP so weirdos been rolling around spreading his "scent" Lovely espresso an pastry this morning now the faecal shower of employment.
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, office smells of TCP so weirdos been rolling around spreading his "scent".
    Interesting aftershave choice.
    I was informed the other day that GT85 does *not* smell nice :shock:
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, office smells of TCP so weirdos been rolling around spreading his "scent".

Tried Mo94? I might try some Jeyes, or Swarfega. Got told using Chloroform as an aftershave isn't a good idea.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Step83 wrote:

Whoever told you that was lying. It's a great smell. One of the best.
  • thistle_
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

That's what I said.
    Jeyes is ok but don't fancy the fake tan look and swarfega messes with my spidey sense.
    I might try the mo94 when I've used up all the gt85.
  • Good weekend overall, booked some flights on Friday evening. Not happy about the price of those but it was offset by the 5 day car hire costing £16.

Chester races on Saturday, the last of the big spenders and I ended the day up £38 on my betting.

Gym this morning then a run after work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,491
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

That's what I said.
    Jeyes is ok but don't fancy the fake tan look and swarfega messes with my spidey sense.
    I might try the mo94 when I've used up all the gt85.

GT85 is okay but Holts aerosol brake cleaner is ace.

Gopping today. Totally gopping. Went to look at some wood.
    It's felled, cut into 2-4m logs, some of it is really big. It's not that seasoned. Will take a phenomenal amount to sort and he wants £400!

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    ...5 day car hire costing £16.

It's probably a wheelbarrow. I'd look at the small print.
  • It's an "Opel Corsa or similar". Off season at the airport so some bargains can be had.

£400 for uncut wood? **** that!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    It's an "Opel Corsa or similar". Off season at the airport so some bargains can be had.

£400 for uncut wood? **** that!

Renault Twizzy and a trailer?

An yeah sod that £400 for that wood, like the guy here a few years back kept trying to fell a load of felled wood, said wood was a mix of fungus filled Beech and Pine. Nope screw you! (Think it was Honey Fungus)

OT but, noticed my bar tapes gone manky and worn after a few months. Black leather tape still a good plan these days or are we all going Synthetic?
  • Popped a new chain on yesterday but had to use the old joiner link as the new one I bought (ybn) had pins that were out of alignment. Rode in today and got hit by the puncture fairies. B'Stards.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,390
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in paradise, Neck and shoulders a bit stiff after about 8 hours on the bike yesterday. Having got rid of the Parabox I dropped the stem and the bars are about an inch lower, fine for short rides but got a bit achy yesterday.
    At least I've got help this week as my beautiful assistant is back from her holiday, unfortunately she's off again next week.
    Step83 wrote:
    A friend of mine brought some of this back from the States some years back.
    355f7d2bb6a84aaf94b9caae96869358.jpg
    A more appropriate name would be 'Gee your hair smells like Swarfega'
  • haydenm
    Rather depends on how much wood there is there and what it is surely? I'd pay £400 for my latest 13,000t clearfell if I was allowed, I'd made a decent £749,600 ish...
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    A friend of mine brought some of this back from the States some years back.
    355f7d2bb6a84aaf94b9caae96869358.jpg
    A more appropriate name would be 'Gee your hair smells like Swarfega'

I've had to use Swarfega as shampoo in the past :roll: sump oil is all I will say on the matter.
  • haydenm
    A mate of mine used the dog shampoo at my house last weekend because it was the first thing he saw on the side of the bath. Still, got rid of the smell of fox sh1t...
  • pinno
    'Ogo. 2007 was a particularly good vintage. Old gearbox oil, its wonderful. It seeps permanently into any sort of cloth, it lingers for eons, needs hugely disproportionate volumes of detergent to remove and sticks to your garage floor like... old gearbox oil.
    If you want to 'smeell mainly', that's the stuff.
  • Pinno wrote:
    'Ogo. 2007 was a particularly good vintage. Old gearbox oil, its wonderful. It seeps permanently into any sort of cloth, it lingers for eons, needs hugely disproportionate volumes of detergent to remove and sticks to your garage floor like... old gearbox oil.
    If you want to 'smeell mainly', that's the stuff.
    EP90, my go to winter chain lube,
  • Regarding TCP. there's a few fields around here I notice a TCP like smell, I assume it must be something farmers put on fields or maybe disinfecting farm yard etc. I don't find it unpleasant.
  • pinno
    Regarding TCP. there's a few fields around here I notice a TCP like smell, I assume it must be something farmers put on fields or maybe disinfecting farm yard etc. I don't find it unpleasant.

Rape seed?

Dairy farms use disinfectant.