Advice - Shimano BR RS 505 top up or need to bleed?

chris217
chris217 Posts: 217
edited August 2019 in Road general
Guys, advice please

while removing the STI shifter I have managed to unscrew the wrong bolt in trying to loosen the shifter and have lost some brake fluid from the reservoir. I have successfully tightened it back up however question is do I need to bleed the system or can I just top it up?

cheers

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Chris217 wrote:
    Guys, advice please

while removing the STI shifter I have managed to unscrew the wrong bolt in trying to loosen the shifter and have lost some brake fluid from the reservoir. I have successfully tightened it back up however question is do I need to bleed the system or can I just top it up?

cheers
    Keep it upright and get the Shimano bleed funnel. Hopefully it will have just come out of the reservoir and you can just do a lever bleed.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Chris217 wrote:
    Guys, advice please

cheers
    Does the brake lever feel ok and does the brake work as before. If it does there is no air in the system and no need to bleed so just top up. If the lever travels more it needs bleeding.
  • chris217
    chris217 Posts: 217
    cheers all , mucho appreciato !