Tuesday thunderstorms ahoy

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,163
edited July 2019 in The bottom bracket
Forecast looks interesting for this afternoon.
No bike riding here today.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,877
    Even boring myself with beach etc :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,574
    'ning

many coffees, webex, lab, bail

bubbly evening beckons
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning. Piddling down here, possible surf later or if not and dry then ride. Either way followed by alcohol.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    wet here

either:
    coffee
    sailin'
    eatin'
    drinkin'
    snorin'

or

plan b which is yet to be decided

#uncertain
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a nice start to the day, sunshine but it looks like it’s going down hill , weather warnings issued for later on rain and thunderstorms.
  • Matthewfalle
    wind and rain has just kicked off mega, like.

think its a lay day

#moist

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,395
    No wind*, no rain.

*Though I can't promise that (on a personal basis).

Much tinkering to do whilst the girls are at the zoo. I'm a poet and don't know it.
    The 5 sisters Zoo - no, i'm not making it up.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,565
    Took last of tiles rubbish to the tip, almost a half tonne of it. Now just some residual clean-up to do and the renovation can start downstairs. Be nice to have space for visitors again.

Shed work still in progress. Big job. :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, manky weather ahoy off to starboard etc.

Late one last night doing some design work cardboard mock up next see if it'll actually work then get it lasered out in wood.

If anyone bored an wants to know where the supposed thunderstorms are have a look here https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en only shows lightning no other weather, still good none the less.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,039
    Blustery here and a damp mood in the Borough last night after news of a flood based accident.

A female cyclist was knocked off her bike after a speeding idiot hit standing water on a bend and took her out whilst traveling sideways. The driver overtook a witness at "over 100mph" and hit flood water and lost control.

There is CCTV of the car going past a gate sideways, one of my wifes clients is a pro racing driver and he estimated the car at around 80mph by this point.

Air ambulance was scrambled and that's about as much as I know.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,344
    Morning folks, no storms here. Today will have coffee, lounging, food, pool, beer and wine in varying quantities.
    That’s not good HD, hopefully cyclist will recover and the driver won’t.
  • homers_double
    Just found out via the local village FB page that she's OK, well if 2 broken bones in her back, broken Femur, Broken rib, broken ankle cuts and bruises count as OK.

She's got movement in her arms and legs and looks like theater shortly.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    all sailing cancelled due to weather. sitting on the yacht drinking coffee reading a copy of Cyclist.

#windy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,344
    Think breathing is a win given the circumstances, hope she makes a full recovery. That’s going to be a long road.
  • homers_double
    Wasn't sure if I could get this to work, bike aftermath

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Also no link work. Hopefully driver will be jailed and banned for life.
    Boat ride to see dolphins, plus some snorkelling. Then driving back up US highway 1 to Miami for the last leg of the holiday.
  • homers_double
    Might be because it's hosted on a closed group, I'm not too good with FB stuff.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    If anyone bored an wants to know where the supposed thunderstorms are have a look here https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en only shows lightning no other weather, still good none the less.
    We had a torrential downpour about 30 minutes ago, but looks like the thunderstorms have given us a wide berth and no more forecast today (for now at least).
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,611
    Pedalled in and missed the rain that will no doubt get me on the way home as I have no wet weather gear. At least it saves me watering the gardening/topping up the fish pond. Also a bit tired as hound senior decided to jump on the bed at 5.15am.

Bit of an average day otherwise, highlight is one of the local eateries doing a cracking take away chicken paella which I've just knocked back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Dim surfio and although dry windy as so plan is a weights session and ride tomorrow. Still sticking with alcohol plan though...
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    We had a torrential downpour about 30 minutes ago, but looks like the thunderstorms have given us a wide berth and no more forecast today (for now at least).

Yeah rather disappointing was hoping for a nice storm, but as per it comes to nothing.
  • Matthewfalle
    walkin' to town to do some townin'

stopped rainin' but gustin' 30knots plus.

#brightlights

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    The rain's all my fault. Just taken delivery of 2 new rainwater butts. Thought I'd plumb them in when the old one is emptied, but God is filling it faster than I can use it up since the only thing requiring watering is the stuff in the greenhouse. Perhaps I'll add it to the trivial things thread.
  • homers_double
    A proper link now...

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-f ... s-injuries

And if any of you fancy adding weight to an online petition to sort out a dangerous bend you can find it here

https://www.change.org/p/rochdale-counc ... VLVBPa7W2E

Over the years there have been several incidents exactly like this one where vehicles have lost it and crashed into the houses but thankfully not including pedestrians or cyclists.

It could also have been me as I was contemplating a ride last night on that very route but ended up going for a run instead. Its my regular pre work ride.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    keef66 wrote:
    The rain's all my fault. Just taken delivery of 2 new rainwater butts. Thought I'd plumb them in when the old one is emptied, but God is filling it faster than I can use it up since the only thing requiring watering is the stuff in the greenhouse. Perhaps I'll add it to the trivial things thread.
    I'd managed to rig up one of those cheap drip irrigation kits to the water butts and even got it to the bottom tier of the greenhouse. The water butts were on the patio - higher up than the garden - so it could all work by gravity.
    Someone had since gone and fkd it all up.
  • step83
    keef66 wrote:
    I'd managed to rig up one of those cheap drip irrigation kits to the water butts and even got it to the bottom tier of the greenhouse. The water butts were on the patio - higher up than the garden - so it could all work by gravity.
    Someone had since gone and fkd it all up.

Was going to say about something like that, drill through the base, grommet in and hose and a tap either on the butt or hose inside the greenhouse, (or an Adreno timer/sensor if your super fancy), would only work on the bottom level due to water pressure etc but handy none the less.
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    Was going to say about something like that, drill through the base, grommet in and hose and a tap either on the butt or hose inside the greenhouse, (or an Adreno timer/sensor if your super fancy), would only work on the bottom level due to water pressure etc but handy none the less.
    Unless you include a Peugeot 106 windscreen washer pump as a booster ;)
  • step83
    That works too. Had to put up a 10ft X 6ft for the mother a few months back utter ball ache. Worst part was the stupid clips that go on the glass.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,395
    I 'plumbed' the guttering into the pond through a mesh filter and a sluice via an aqueduct made from clay brick.
    No filters, no pumps, happy fish*.

*Well, they were, until they got eaten by a Heron. Shifted the net for half a day whilst I did some mowing/strimming...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    got wet, very wet