Zwift/TrainerRoad and MTB training

kinioo
kinioo Posts: 776
Afternoon All,

Due to the new member to the family my time available for outdoor riding* reduced by at least 50% recently...

Therefore, I've just started looking into setting up my 'Indoor Cycling Station' (with smart trainer etc.)...where I can clock few miles in late evenings and not waking up the young girl.

I did try/train a bit with an indoor trainer (basic one where your wheel sits on the roller) it worked for me (sort of) but I got bored after 5-10min....unless I switch the TV on....

This is why I started looking into Zwift, as (at least) something is happening in front of me, I can race and/or ride with a mate (virtually)...and obviously track my progress etc.

QUESTION:

Is there any training plans available via Zwift specifically tailored for MTB ???

Or would it be better to train with TrainerRoad ?

Many thanks,

Chris

PS. I did ask in 'Road' section regarding the setup/trainers/bikes, so I pretty much know what I need/want re equipment.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    There's a set of Cape Epic workouts, but no MTB specific plan. However, MTB races (or most rides) are somewhat similar to road crits - lots of short efforts without much time to recover - so the 'Crit Crusher' plan might be worth a look.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    NB Nothing wrong with having the TV on.

My preference is a TrainerRoad + Netflix combo.
    Rich