Rock N Roll Super Web Grease ?

2»

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    The u.k retailers make no reference to cheese in there descriptions of the super web grease. It is peristant and does keep the water out.

Lets try an speak from experience shall we. I dont think any of of you have actually tried it. the OP asked if any one has tried it. the answer here is only I have of the people that have posted.

On the lubes no mention of static is made by the retailers in the U.K that sell it. Try reading the reviews.

Here are a few. No advertising has been spent with any of these sites either (for the skepitcal amongst you). Unless of course you all think the people who use it are all wrong.

https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/rock-n-r ... RL4phlX.97
    https://cycletechreview.com/2017/access ... ain-lubes/
    https://road.cc/content/review/186320-r ... -lubricant
    https://road.cc/content/review/178866-r ... -lubricant
    https://road.cc/content/review/182054-r ... -lubricant
    https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/t ... -lubricant
    https://www.sevendaycyclist.com/rock-n- ... chain-lubr
    https://road.cc/content/feature/227757- ... s=0&page=2

There is plenty on the web if you care to read it rather than making assumptions.

well cycleclinic, seems the cycleclinic website talks about it in great detail.

Resistance is futile, the potential difference lends our fun poking current here is the cycleclinics view on it https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/collection ... nd-greases

"How the lube works and how to use it.

The formulation goes deep down into the chain and traps any dirt. Then, with the energy of the chain freewheeling backwards, the dirt and grit floats to the surface so you can wipe it all off, leaving a new and clean application of lube inside the chain, where it’s needed. The lube down inside the chain creates a protective membrane to seal out dirt and moisture from the moving parts of the chain. As well as holding in place the best lube on the planet, for longer chain life, super smooth shifting and pedaling. ​
    Bicycles, being on rubber tires, are not grounded, making the bicycle a static electricity machine. As the bicycle rolls along, positive charge build up will bring dirt and dust particles from the road onto the bike. The bike will discharge and do it all over again, bring up more dirt. Ever wonder why you have a perfect dust line on the front of your fork blades or on the cable housings. That’s how the bike gets dirty on the road, on dry days. The dirt is also going to stick to whatever is sticky on the bike. Of course, the chain is the number one spot. Road bikes generally tend to pick up more dirt from the discharge, so a thicker, dryer membrane is needed. On the other hand, the mountain bike needs something that can take lots of dust, and/or muddy slop being kicked up on the chain from the front wheel. With water crossing, too!"

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,949
    However I’m in awe of anyone who has to consider the effects of electrical charge build up whilst riding their bike.

:oops: I do. :lol:

It's only on the rollers though. After only a few minutes I have to be very careful of reaching for anything not on the bike, and careful of nearby objects (my roller are in the shed). Touching anything grounded results in a huge spark, it's taken out an RCD in the past.

I'm pretty certain that the static is built up from friction of the tyres with the plastic rollers, I've found that putting chalk on the tyres helps a bit, I've never experienced it on the road.

The older I get, the better I was.

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    i think we can file rock n roll grease in the same cupboard as that arm pump thing in po face and the madison turbo kit. oh - and that cyclists sun tan lotion from the summer.

I suspect this has become a self filing thread :)

However I’m in awe of anyone who has to consider the effects of electrical charge build up whilst riding their bike.

Do you have a link to this please? I have to read it to improve my knowledge.

Here you are MF learn all about your bicycle as "a static electricity machine"

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/collection ... nd-greases
    I’m tempted to get some of that Honing oil, it might save on gym fees.
  • Vino'sGhost
    I blame the big girls thread for the touching and the electricity
    theres a grease for that too:
    61zEb5b3zXL._SL1200_.jpg

mmmmm nipples
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    the MFs admit that everyone has to make a living but there is hyperbole and there is hyperbole: its a bit naughty to jump on the trendy cycling bandwagon and sell a really small amount of grease at a ridiculous price to the uninitiated.

its not just rock n roll, the choice of Elvis, who are guilty though - a search on any web cycle thingy shows umpteen companies all doing the same.

cracking review of the grease on the website though. enough science to baffle.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I've been using it for about 10 years on MTB's and it certainly keeps going when others have given up the ghost.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Vino'sGhost
    robertpb wrote:
    I've been using it for about 10 years on MTB's and it certainly keeps going when others have given up the ghost.

Have you encountered any tingling or arcing blue streams of electricity during that time?
  • robertpb wrote:

Have you encountered any tingling or arcing blue streams of electricity during that time?
    Are those the ghosts being given up?
  • Vino'sGhost
    robertpb wrote:

Are those the ghosts being given up?

Never cross streams :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,439
    Capt Slog wrote:

:oops: I do. :lol:

It's only on the rollers though. After only a few minutes I have to be very careful of reaching for anything not on the bike, and careful of nearby objects (my roller are in the shed). Touching anything grounded results in a huge spark, it's taken out an RCD in the past.

I'm pretty certain that the static is built up from friction of the tyres with the plastic rollers, I've found that putting chalk on the tyres helps a bit, I've never experienced it on the road.

Why don't you earth yourself? Tw@t :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    :D

I love you really.
  • capt_slog
    Pinno wrote:

I have considered it, but I'm nervous of where the cables go and where they'll fit without getting caught up somehow.

Pinno wrote:

I love you really.

• Vino'sGhost
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I have considered it, but I'm nervous of where the cables go and where they'll fit without getting caught up somehow.

Pinno wrote:

I love you really.

This is what the internet’s for !

More love less friction.
  • Capt Slog wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Pinno wrote:

I love you really.

More love less friction.
    You could try geasing the rollers with cheese-string magic-web spider-monkey snake-oil.
  • pinno
    A jump lead.

Put the crocodile clip on your right ear and the other end to something.

dhl's suggestion above is utter bollox. Geese are flighty and obstreperous.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Pinno wrote:
    A jump lead.

And a vile greasy alternative to turkey.
  • capt_slog
    Pinno wrote:
    A jump lead.

I'm just relieved that it's my ear.

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited December 2018
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Pinno wrote:

I love you really.

More love less friction.
    You could try geasing the rollers with cheese-string magic-web spider-monkey snake-oil.

but its the best cheese string IN THE WORLD! EVER!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Rock and roll grease made me throw a television out of my hotel window.

Dude

did it move like grease lightning?

it was a "crazy little thing called lube"
  • pinno
    Rock and roll grease made me throw a television out of my hotel window.

Dude

did it move like grease lightning?

it was a "crazy little thing called lube"

• No doubt I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but I've been using Rock n Roll super web grease (not to mention the extreme chain lubricant) for perhaps 10 years and am not looking for alternatives.
  • pinno
    No doubt I'll get slaughtered for saying this, but I've been using Rock n Roll super web grease (not to mention the extreme chain lubricant) for perhaps 10 years and am not looking for alternatives.

We can tell by your underwear.
  • pinno
    But all lubricant manufacturers say "...with advanced friction-reducing properties".