Apsley cyclist looking for riding buddies

Mister Zed
Mister Zed Posts: 3
edited January 2019 in Road general
I'm in my 50's, live in Apsley and now have time on my hands during the week and I'm looking for anyone interested in joining me or letting me join you and your friends for rides. I go out at weekends too but would like the company and safety of numbers. I don't want to join a cycling club. I usually do around 30 miles a ride, more in the summer; I average around 14-15 mph on either my Cube or Cannondale.

Comments

• Hang around a lbs of a morning and ask if you can join their ride
    Check Strava for any local rides/ groups, you don't necessarily need to join a club to ride with peoples
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Mister Zed wrote:
    I don't want to join a cycling club.

You don't want to join a cycling club - despite wanting to do precisely the kind of thing that joining a club would give you...?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Must admit if I was wanting to ride with a group of riders of similar ability the first place I'd be looking would be the local clubs. There's bound to be a ride to suit you. Failing that, any local Facebook groups or similar?

I'm an antisocial cyclist and more than happy with my own company...
  • Imposter wrote:
    Mister Zed wrote:
    I don't want to join a cycling club.

You don't want to join a cycling club - despite wanting to do precisely the kind of thing that joining a club would give you...?
    To be precise I don't want to join the local club, plus I only want to join a small group.