Why no bike space/rack in many supermarkets?

2»

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I can fit loads of shopping on my Brompton.

Numskulls that say we shouldn't have bike lanes to the shops because only people in cars do shopping ignore the fact that loads of people without cars seem to manage just fine.

Surely the Matthews could all do a bit of shopping on their bikes and voila - enough food for the week ?!
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,588
    dstev55 wrote:

Our local authority used to have a planning guidance note saying bike parking should be provided at supermarkets, it should be near the entrance, in a busy well used, well lit area and gave a minimum number of stands to be provided. Magically, this guidance note has disappeared from their website and they deny all knowledge of it (just like their highway maintenance policy, and their cycling policy :mrgreen: )

Try this site to see if you can locate it:
    https://web.archive.org/
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Fenix wrote:

Surely the Matthews could all do a bit of shopping on their bikes and voila - enough food for the week ?!

good point well presented, however this is impossible as they are all imbeciles and all we would end up with is 27 packets of Twiglets, some wet look hair gel and a load of tin foil to protect us from "the voices".
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.