Kickr core

2»

Comments

• vpnikolov
    vpnikolov Posts: 568
    HaydenM wrote:
    I'm not saying their stuff is bad. I don't know because I've never tried their trainers but how much is hype?

A good example is the spin they put on how quiet the Kickr is. Like it matters when most people will have music playing and a bloody big fan going. The Wahoo fanboys will of course have the Wahoo fan - possibly two.

Is the point about them being quiet not so you can use them in flats and things?

And why would you use as turbo without a fan?

This.

The only reason I got a quiet trainer is because I live in a flat. After all I want to be on good terms with my neighbours. :!:
  • philthy3 wrote:
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    Is there any reason to buy one of these over the Elite Direto (which seems to be very popular amongst posters here)?

For me, it would depend on your prowess as a cyclist. The Direto is excellent for the price and more than enough for the average cyclist for gradient representation and maximum watts. The Kickr is just a little bit better in areas, but a fair bit more expensive. It costs almost as much as the Drivo II and Neo which I'd go for over it if I was laying that kind of money out. It does have the advantage or integrating perfectly with other Wahoo products like the Elemnt computers, fan and climb if they float your boat and you have deep pockets. One other advantage over the Elite products is the English speaking support. Elite are a nightmare to communicate with in my experience, so a simple problem becomes a big deal trying to convey it to them and understand the solution. At the minute their answer to everything seems to be do a calibration check and adjust the off-set back to factory, and to be fair to them, it seems to work.

Thanks for the reply. The equation has been further complicated by the Elite Zumo which DC Rainmaker has mentioned in his Annual Smart Trainer review! Will hang fire on the purchase button for now and see what the reviews say.
  • Zumo looks interesting - a Direto but without the power meter? If I’m correct, the lower range Wahoos are algorithm based anyway? Could be a decent option, especially if you already own your own power meter.
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    i just got a missed out on getting a Kickr Core but managed to do a deal and get a new 2018 Kickr for £750 - considering that it comes with a 11sp 105 shimano cassette, i thought it was a good deal.
  • moonshine wrote:
    i just got a missed out on getting a Kickr Core but managed to do a deal and get a new 2018 Kickr for £750 - considering that it comes with a 11sp 105 shimano cassette, i thought it was a good deal.
    That's an excellent deal I'd say. How did you manage that?!
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    moonshine wrote:

Ditto?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • moonshine
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    moonshine wrote:
    Good relationship with LBS. I've bought a number of high value bikes from them over the years....
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    moonshine wrote:
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    moonshine wrote:
    Good relationship with LBS. I've bought a number of high value bikes from them over the years....

Given the 2018 is £999, I seriously doubt that their mark up was £250, so there must be more to it than that.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • moonshine
    edited November 2018
  • moonshine wrote:
    I'm getting it cost price as I am a good customer ;)

Let's hope Mr Wahoo isn't reading. He's put a lot of effort into making sure his products don't get discounted. Elemnt Bolt £199 everywhere. New Kickr £999 everywhere. Funny that ;-)