MTB/Gravel tires for a Cannondale Bad Boy 3

exever
exever Posts: 6
edited August 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hello there,
And of course I hope this is the right cat for the post. I would need a slight help with the choice of tyres for my Bad Boy (which is a 650b hybrid) from Cannondale currently on Schwalbe Kojak 650b x 1.35” slicks. This is great for the town but even a slight puddle with mud is dangerous on these so I would like something that has atleast slight tread. The more expensive models of the Bad Boy come with Scwalbe G-One 650b x 1.5” gravel tyres on the same 25c rim I believe. Atleast thats what I was told, that the 25crim Im on is capable of running up to 40c/1.5” tyres. My question is, is this really the case? Theres loads of clearance, even for a 2” tyre probably, but there are not many options. Can someone recommend some? And maybe explain more on what is safe to run on these rims? Im not looking to convert this bike to a hardtail mtb but most of commuting and riding is XC with gravel and muddy grass roads.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    WTB Resolute 42c come in 650b, I have the 700c on my gravel bike they come up to 44mm on my 23.5mm internal size rims.

It really is an excellent tyre.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"