Buying Advice Please

HM-V2
HM-V2 Posts: 3
edited July 2018 in Cyclocross
Hello,

I ride mostly on road. I like stiff bike. I own a DeRosa Sk and a Argon 18- Gallium Pro 2018. I travel on car for my work and I need a CX bike that will do Gravel and Road. So I’m looking for a Stiff, short wheelbase CX bike that will perform on road and will not feel like a noodle. I will have two set of wheels : one for gravel on 40mm tires and One carbon set 40mm with 25mm or 28mm tires. I have a couple of options : Pivot Vault, Specialized Crux Expert, 3T Exploro, and Cannonade SuperX.

My bike will have a double chainring 48-32 (Praxis) and 11-32 on the back.

Any experience with these bike ?

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    If you want stiff you definitely want a high end CX racing bike over gravel. However I don't think the SuperX or Crux would have clearance for 40C tyres. Both of my older design CX bikes take 35C at a push but theres no clearance at all at the chainstay.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Ridley?
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Also your obviously not short of a few quid if your considering the Exploro which £3k just a frameset so why not get a custom steel or ti bike?
  • HM-V2
    HM-V2 Posts: 3
    Ridley, Hum. Never had any experience with that brand. Which model are the most racing oriented ?
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    HM-V2 wrote:
    Ridley, Hum. Never had any experience with that brand. Which model are the most racing oriented ?
    All of them!

X-Night is a very good race frameset. X-Night SL is the same geometry, you just pay a bit extra to save some weight.

Gazillions of X-Bows on the youth race circuit.
    Pannier, 120rpm.