Wahoo Elemnt Bolt display problems

2»

Comments

• thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    madman2 wrote:
    Wahoo,
    More Bolt issues here, some folk on their 3rd device! yet still they persist.
    As usual Wahoo have great design but SH*T poor execution.
    Manufacturing and reliability has been a long standing issues obviously.
    I've had problems with previous products like the reflkt+ which failed and has never been replaced.
    Now after eventually thinking I'd give them another chance I bought a bolt.
    Good device, reasonable screen and mapping.....
    4 months in it did the blank screen of death and led flashing thing that many have experienced.
    Despite the issue being a know problem and one of long standing Wahoo have refused to give me an advance replacement and now have given up on replying to emails or support ticket updates.

My advice stay clear

:|

But it’s the best cycling computer EVER!!! Teamed up with disc brakes, fat tubeless tyres with infinite watt saving rolling resistance that can climb mountains and turbo trainer power meters for those too scared to venture outside, it’s revolutionised cycling. You’ve no idea what you’re talking about pal.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    This is all rather a shame. I was getting rather excited about the prospect of a decent competitor giving Garmin a bit of a shake-up. Only last week I was telling my son who was looking at a 520 Plus that he should also read the reviews of the Bolt. What is he to do now??

My Edge Touring Plus may have routing algorithms that border on the obsessive when it comes to finding bits of the National Cycle Network, sending me down private roads and into farmyard cul-de-sacs, but it's never packed up on me completely.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Only last week it sent me on a half mile detour so I could cycle through the allotments rather than use 200 yards of deserted road. It's mental. How do I stop it doing that???
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    keef66 wrote:
    This is all rather a shame. I was getting rather excited about the prospect of a decent competitor giving Garmin a bit of a shake-up. Only last week I was telling my son who was looking at a 520 Plus that he should also read the reviews of the Bolt. What is he to do now??

My Edge Touring Plus may have routing algorithms that border on the obsessive when it comes to finding bits of the National Cycle Network, sending me down private roads and into farmyard cul-de-sacs, but it's never packed up on me completely.

My ELEMNT has run faultlessly for a couple fo years now. :D
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.