A month in Southampton

ccb3
ccb3 Posts: 2
edited June 2018 in Holidays
Hi guys!
I'm going to Southampton for a month of work and wonder a bit about some local trails nearby as well as somewhere to rent a nice bike for a good price? I'm originally from Sweden so my knowledge about the area is extremely limited but I love technical trails and also possibly downhill (but mostly looking for xc rides). All suggestions are welcome :)

Comments

• hantstooflat
    hantstooflat Posts: 122
    You're more likely to find bikes to hire in the New Forest with an abundance of leisurely trails. If you are after bigger hills and a bit more fun you'll want to head East to the area North of Portsmouth where you have the Queen Elizabeth Country Park which has mix of more hilly routes and links up with the South Downs Way.

If you're after downhill, I can highly recommend Rogate B1kepark. They've just redone a lot of the runs so worth a look if you can get hold of a bike. Nowhere to hire directly while you are there.
    “Jij bent niet van suiker gemaakt”
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    If you go west into the New Forest there are miles of trails but nothing that hardcore.

I met up with these guys who are really friendly and ride in the evenings midweek as well.

Can't help with bike hire but there should be plenty of places, just may be more touring orientated than serious stuff.

https://www.newforce.org.uk/rides-list/night-rides/