2018 Focus Paralane

freefall_junkie
freefall_junkie Posts: 123
edited May 2018 in Your road bikes
Decided it was about time I replaced the aging Cube CX bike I have been using as my winter and commuting hack. I wanted a disc brake carbon bike with clearance for wide tyres and mudguards and the Paralane came out top of the list, not least because the stack and reach of the XL frame is near identical to my summer bike, a Bianchi Infinito CV, so I could be very confident of a perfect fit. So far very happy with my choice. It is super comfortable but great fun to ride with superb handling. Changes from standard are the Zipp ergo bars which better suit my large hands, wrapped in Specialized bar phat, and Bontrager AW3 32mm tyres, which are a revelation on the terrible roads on my commute. No noticeable loss of speed compared to the 28mm Contis it came with, but much more comfortable.

20180514_181110_resized.jpg

At some stage I will upgrade the rather heavy Shimano wheels with something lighter like Hunt 4 seasons, and I need to find a flatter headset cover to get the bars a cm or so lower. Oh, and the Curana mudguards the bike came with will be going on just as soon as the current good spell of weather ends.

Comments

• loumacari
    loumacari Posts: 19
    Nice. Really like focuses (in fact, so much so I bought one!). Aesthetically the saddle looks out of place, IMO, but I guess your rear end may not give a damn.