Prudential Ride London 100 (2018) FACEBOOK group for NEWBIES

Hi everyone,
It has dawned on me that in 20 weeks’ time, the PRL100 will be going ahead and I am not ready - I'm a NEWBIE.
I realised too that I was not the only person new to this event and certainly not the only person who could use some advice, training partners, guidance, tips and info.
How do you find like-minded people that are in this years’ event? Presently, still working on that.

However, for my own sanity and 'putting myself out there' approach, I have set up a Facebook group that I am hoping to attract as many cyclists as possible who are either in this years’ PRL 100 event or are new to cycling and want to be social, train together, use Zwift or get fitter for their own events or Sunday rides.
The Facebook group is
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PRL100Training

The group has a simple approach, if you wish to join, just ask. Over the next twenty weeks, we will follow a FREE loose training program that will allow every rider to be ready for a 100-mile ride; whether or not it is the Prudential this July.

The task will be to use your own bikes outdoors and complete the program, if you can, there is no hard and fast rules. Or if you wish to join us for group rides on Zwift, you can. You will need a set-up to do this; unless you are already on Zwift and to subscribe to them for £12 a month: Having used Zwift, this is a very good idea.

Within the group there will be downloads, tips, information about indoor bike trainers, valuable information about the course and the hills, how to use Zwift (the on-line virtual training platform that is a global phenomenon), the bike set-up you need to use Zwift and anything else our members will openly provide to help each other.

The objective is to be one team of members all helping each other, just because it’s the right thing to do.

See you there.

Comments

• Hi everyone,
    It has dawned on me that in 20 weeks’ time, the PRL100 will be going ahead and I am not ready - I'm a NEWBIE.
    I realised too that I was not the only person new to this event and certainly not the only person who could use some advice, training partners, guidance, tips and info.
    How do you find like-minded people that are in this years’ event? Presently, still working on that.

However, for my own sanity and 'putting myself out there' approach, I have set up a Facebook group that I am hoping to attract as many cyclists as possible who are either in this years’ PRL 100 event or are new to cycling and want to be social, train together, use Zwift or get fitter for their own events or Sunday rides.
    The Facebook group is
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PRL100Training

The group has a simple approach, if you wish to join, just ask. Over the next twenty weeks, we will follow a FREE loose training program that will allow every rider to be ready for a 100-mile ride; whether or not it is the Prudential this July.

The task will be to use your own bikes outdoors and complete the program, if you can, there is no hard and fast rules. Or if you wish to join us for group rides on Zwift, you can. You will need a set-up to do this; unless you are already on Zwift and to subscribe to them for £12 a month: Having used Zwift, this is a very good idea.

Within the group there will be downloads, tips, information about indoor bike trainers, valuable information about the course and the hills, how to use Zwift (the on-line virtual training platform that is a global phenomenon), the bike set-up you need to use Zwift and anything else our members will openly provide to help each other.

The objective is to be one team of members all helping each other, just because it’s the right thing to do.

See you there.

On your facebook profile you say it is the second time you've ridden Ride London and you hope to beat your previous time. Bit strange for a 'NEWBIE'.
  • As a person so delightfully noted; I have completed the ride before in 2016. Since this time, I have ridden only a handful of times, due to sickness and work commitments, and consequently, as I am very unfit, in need of serious practice, I would and do consider myself a NEWBIE, just one with some knowledge that can pass on to other first timers.

It does also say that ANYONE can join too.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Try posting in the sportive forum..