386 Evo crankset help!

nic_77
nic_77 Posts: 929
edited February 2018 in Workshop
Hi

I have a TT frame that takes a 386 EVO BB. I've been using a Rotor BB which supports my shimano Dura ace 7800 crankset. But I'd now like to fit a bigger ring.

The problem is that I would need to add extra drive-side spacers to allow clearance on the drive side chain stay. Which in turns means there would not be enough axle protruding on the non-drive side to fit the left hand crank.

So, are there cranksets available that have longer axle length. Rotor Flow claims to be 386 EVO compatible as do some FSA options. What about Rotor 3d24 (as this would mean I can stick with the same BB).

Any suggestions gratefully received - it seems impossible to find axle length information on the web!

Nic

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    nic_77 wrote:
    Hi

I have a TT frame that takes a 386 EVO BB. I've been using a Rotor BB which supports my shimano Dura ace 7800 crankset. But I'd now like to fit a bigger ring.

The problem is that I would need to add extra drive-side spacers to allow clearance on the drive side chain stay. Which in turns means there would not be enough axle protruding on the non-drive side to fit the left hand crank.

So, are there cranksets available that have longer axle length. Rotor Flow claims to be 386 EVO compatible as do some FSA options. What about Rotor 3d24 (as this would mean I can stick with the same BB).

Any suggestions gratefully received - it seems impossible to find axle length information on the web!

Nic

A Rotor 3D24 will work with a Rotor 4624 BB.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/roto ... 7C469125UK
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.