Well, this is pretty unpleasant.

sgt.pepper
sgt.pepper Posts: 300
edited January 2018 in Commuting general
https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/n ... y-cycleway

This cycleway has been on the front page more times than I can count, so it's not terribly surprising that tempers have gotten so high. Ridiculous.

Comments

• It does seem a poorly designed cycleway but that doesn't mean tacks is a good idea. I don't think I'd want to park my car there with it looking like you're away from the kerb. Why not build it with a raised marker or something that marks the boundary between the car parking and cycleway.

Did you read the comments? Ppl clutching at straws about the deliberate planting of tacks to puncture tyres. Like a load of tacks that aren't drawing pins but the size of drawing pins would be accidentally dropped by school kids.
  • It does seem a poorly designed cycleway but that doesn't mean tacks is a good idea. I don't think I'd want to park my car there with it looking like you're away from the kerb. Why not build it with a raised marker or something that marks the boundary between the car parking and cycleway.

Did you read the comments? Ppl clutching at straws about the deliberate planting of tacks to puncture tyres. Like a load of tacks that aren't drawing pins but the size of drawing pins would be accidentally dropped by school kids.

I did, utterly ridiculous. And yeah it's not the best cycleway in the world, but the rhetoric that has surrounded it for a few years now has gotten over the top.