I WISH WINTER WOULD BUGGER OFF !!

2»

Comments

• Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    It was nice this lunchtime. Sunny, 7 degrees. Ruined by doing as many hills as possible in an hour.
  • Come on you fairweather riders. If Timmy Mallett can get out in all weathers and still be smiling there's nothing (bar work, family, etc.) to stop you.

https://twitter.com/TimmyMallett
  • The weather is fantastic today, I even saw a few commuters in 3/4 lengths and no overshoes!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The weather is fantastic today, I even saw a few commuters in 3/4 lengths and no overshoes!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • For a change, there is blue sky and it's +6C out there today at the mo... I might go outside! :shock: :lol: :twisted:

Well that didn't go to plan...

The morning just kind of happened, while I confused myself looking for the best sound deadening turbo mats and seeing if I could buy one through today's Amazon £10 off deal at a good price. Then some rain came around 1230, stopped by ~1300, but then told to get ready to go for a late pub lunch.

Over the last year, I've never once cycled after a pub lunch and having just walked home, I've no inclination to break that habit today. Even though it's still light outside and I currently don't foresee the turbo being set up in the kitchen.

Oh well, Stravistix said I was staying into "overtraining" territory after yesterday's workout, a rest day might be a good thing... :cry:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Couldn’t agree more, winter can f right off whenever it wants.
    I was working away from home over Christmas and New Year so my wife and I had a week in Lanzarote at the beginning of January as a bit of a present to ourselves : 12 (ish) hours of daylight, blue skies and about 20 degC. Only downside was the 30-40 mph wind which definitely took the shine off the cycling. It was warm and dry though but in some ways made it even harder to come back to a grey, dismal, west of Scotland* January.

* cold, icy, damp, dark, miserable, windy.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    What a bunch of whingers ;-)
    Today it was virtually spring: the studs were left at home, it was almost light by the time I got to work and I was actually able to set off home before the sun set, the temperature only dropped below freezing for the second half of my ride home, and I even got a couple of PBs on the way in this morning.
    What's that I hear you say? No, of course there wasn't a tailwind. Well, only a little one...
  • I'm riding but only on my ali framed pannier rack equipped commuter bike. Problem is I bought a lovely advanced pro defy just before Xmas and don't want to take my lovely bike out into salt and crap covered roads ....... not ridden it yet! Still all this rain and mild weather should wash the salt off soon, then I can try cracking some kom's
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    11 years since i moved from London to Windshire that was also the last time I had sunshine and warmth in our so called UK summer, mind you Dubai, France and Spain have been okay
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    neeb wrote:
    25th March - clocks change, suddenly it's light until almost 8pm and I can get out for 2 hours in daylight after work. And with any luck it will be shorts temperature by then. Should be a national holiday or something.

Yayyyyy :D

whilst Id admit Ill be happy for it to be warmer we lose an hours sleep in bed....Noooooo :(
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    freezing fog this morning for my 1hr38min ride to work by a roundabout route. my feet are still cold. the joys of winter.
    Still it encouraged me to keep my powerput up to stay warm so its not all bad.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Don't mind the cold, it's the dark that gets me down - but it's the same in the car so depressing either way. I also get to work about 07.30 so just starting to be able to pick out the landscape in the last 10-15 minutes, and the good thing about starting early is I can get away around 3-3.30, so most of the ride home in the light as well.

Drenched yesterday afternoon, but today's commute home looks to be chilly but sunny - and it's friday! :D
  • sebbyp
    sebbyp Posts: 106
    Bring on Spring. Constant wet roads round here, nasty winds, the sound of your rims getting worn away by gritty brake pads, having to wash the bike all the time, snow, ice etc. Its not been the best! Good for hardening the fook up, thats about it.
    Though I'd get round it by buying a Cyclocross bike, didnt help, just got loads of punctures off road so now need more £££ for tubeless wheelset
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Tubeless off road is the way to go. I wouldnt ride any other system.
    I leave the house for work at 5:15ish, still dark, 2 hour drive (120 miles). Park up and ride the last 6 miles, might seem pointless but saves me about 15 mins and $$. As the light gets better and nights warmer i park up 20 miles away. I get home from work about 9 as i stop off at the gym and do an hour on a wattbike. Can't wait for the warmer weather so my training is mainly on the bike.
  • I wish this blazing ball of fire would bugger off, way too hot here this morning....

duldxugvqaartu-e1517093633546.jpg

:twisted: