Het Nieuwsblad 2018

andyp
andyp Posts: 10,148
edited December 2017 in Pro race
The standards on here are slipping, finally got home after a 4 hour journey (which normally takes half that) expecting to see a thread on the route announcement for Het Nieuwsblad (Het Volk as was) but not a peep.

Rick, you need to hand back your Flanders expert badge.

Anyway, next year's race will finish in Ninove, and the final 60 kms will be identical to the much lamented classic de Ronde route, so Berendries, Valkenberg, Tenbosse, Muur and Bosberg before the flat run in to Ninove.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,980
    Fair shout.

I think it's actually the old RVV finish.

Shrewd move for the organisers, who also own the RVV.

Stops the old farts banging on about it quite so much.

(strictly speaking it's Meerbeke, not Ninove...).
  • I'll have GvA or are we not doing PTPs yet? :)
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I like the look of that, might be a good one to ride.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,925
    andyp wrote:
    The standards on here are slipping, finally got home after a 4 hour journey (which normally takes half that) expecting to see a thread on the route announcement for Het Nieuwsblad (Het Volk as was) but not a peep.

Rick, you need to hand back your Flanders expert badge.

Anyway, next year's race will finish in Ninove, and the final 60 kms will be identical to the much lamented classic de Ronde route, so Berendries, Valkenberg, Tenbosse, Muur and Bosberg before the flat run in to Ninove.

There's more important issues to be discussed like shoe / trouser combos.
  • This has to be an improvement right. Much as I love the race after the molenburg can be pretty dull some years. You really need some crap weather to liven it up but thankfully February racing often delivers anyway
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,148
    Has it been that dull in recent years? It's usually the first occasion where the big name northern classic riders go on the attack, so it's usually a select group that contests the finish. I've lost count of how many times I've watched the 2015 finish, that was a masterclass in how to lose a race.