sunday burning heretics in the fires of a cold star

2»

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    I do like Fruit cake. It seems to be disappearing from the shelves, like Genoa fruit cake.
    However, we have the ultimate fruitcake season soon upon us. :D
    Last year the OH bought a small Lidl Christmas cake - the bog standard one. On the same day and unknown to me, I went in and bought the Lidl deluxe version - almost twice the price but still reasonable. It was like chalk and cheese and the deluxe one was so good, I went and bought another. The remains of the other the kids got. This year, they have brought out one that has Cognac in it in the Deluxe range.

Love Xmas cake and pud.
    Does Stevo know his way to Lidl'? I believe he is a dedicated Waitrose man.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,422
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I do like Fruit cake. It seems to be disappearing from the shelves, like Genoa fruit cake.
    Last year the OH bought a small Lidl Christmas cake - the bog standard one. On the same day and unknown to me, I went in and bought the Lidl deluxe version - almost twice the price but still reasonable. It was like chalk and cheese and the deluxe one was so good, I went and bought another. The remains of the other the kids got. This year, they have brought out one that has Cognac in it in the Deluxe range.
    Do you still have to wear grey tracky bottoms to shop in Lidl?

People in Jags and Range Rovers go to Lidl nowadays.
    (and Merc's).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Love Xmas cake and pud.

Yes but he only goes there on knicker sniffing opportunities.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Best to leave them on, I believe.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Love Xmas cake and pud.

Is he the saddo sat in the coffee shop wearing the raincoat watching the shop girls?
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Love Xmas cake and pud.

Is he the saddo sat in the coffee shop wearing the raincoat and grey trackie bottoms watching the shop girls?

FTFY.

Do I really need to answer the question?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    This is a Dundee cake that Mrs H3 has made. It's pretty good. I like fruitcake too. Christmas pud is also good.

Yep, Dundee cake, good for Mrs H3 - well done. I did say that we were coming to your house for christmas.
    Christmas pud with double cream for me - not Brandy butter, too sweet.
    Double cream is perfect with Christmas pud. I stick a dollop of brandy butter on a hot mince pie.
    Lidl have good german sausages, reasonably priced charcuterie and quite interesting wine, which is frequently deeply discounted, as no-one buys it.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Never seen Stevo in there mind you. But there's some hot Polish sorts in the Morden one.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,684
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Love Xmas cake and pud.
    There is a Lidl not far from us for students, dolies and tightwads.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Never seen Stevo in there mind you. But there's some hot Polish sorts in the Morden one.

You've let the cat out of the bag there Hoppy. That's Stevo's whole weekend sorted.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

People in Jags and Range Rovers go to Lidl nowadays.
    (and Merc's).
    Exactly - its a pretty low bar :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Love Xmas cake and pud.
    There is a Lidl not far from us for students, dolies and tightwads.

Well 1 out of 3 for me.
  • ballysmate
    Also, I, and Mrs B come to that, am partial to a Lidl doughnut or 3.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I thought that was what you did in Maccy D car parks.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

A bike forum isn't the place to discuss my car park activities.
    Woof woof. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Careful now, next thing you know you'll have pinno branding you a perv.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

There is only one on here that calls me names and sets my bottom lip quivering. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

There is only one on here that calls me names and sets my bottom lip quivering. :lol:
    There's a rumour going round that they've formed an unholy alliance, the TAOSASHWKFAAT (The association of short ar$e slap heads who know f*** all about tax) :P
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Says the Smoggy?!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Says the Smoggy?!
    It's frowned on in the Waitrose car park.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,577
    Pinno wrote:
    ...I am not going to eat any chocolate, mince pies etc (that's a bloody tax avoidance scam that one...

all mince pies have been properly declared

chocolate has non-domiciled status, any reports of evasion in the cocoa papers are entirely baseless
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    "All Plums the Prophets Sons defy, And Spice-broths are too hot; Treason's in a December-Pye, And Death within the Pot."