edited November 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

it will be cold, so cold, any sign of ice and i'm turning back

mince pie, espresso, and an almost fanatical devotion to the tabby
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Survived the rugrats party - built three new rope swings in the woods which went down well. No tears despite some decent falls.

Today is freezing football watching followed by visiting the dog then onto the landlords birthday party

Only chance of exercise is cycling to see the dog
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm off out pedalling in 20 mins. Wrapping up warm at the moment.
  • Went scrounging for packing boxes this morning and got lucky. LBS had several sitting out in the back lane, so spent the rest of the day dismantling bikes and packing them for removal. Also packed up the CD and movie collection. Nearly 300 Blu Ray and DVD, and maybe 1000 CD's. Not started on the LP's yet... :roll:

Back to work tomorrow, dagnabbit, and will start haggling with Vendor of the new place we want to see if we can get that one signed and sealed. I will be a *much* happier camper when that's sorted too.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Ice :( now on zwift, why oh why boring London...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Cold? I'll give you cold. When the gas boiler goes into sulk mode all day yesterday and refuses to fire up. Then decides to come on as normal this morning, as if nothing has happened.

Thank goodness for woodburners, even if it meant a nocturnal get up and reload more logs; of course this is the weekend I have the twin 3y.o.s staying while daughter 1 has a night off. Excellent timing Mr Worcester-Bosch.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    Mornin All,

Just getting ready for the trek back South. At least there will be no sh1tty Friday/rush hour traffic. Will amuse myself listening to the footy on the way down.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Morning folks,
    Another slow start has been had, need to clean the bike and put it back together. Off to see my folks later and try to keep the old man active. He starts chemo on Friday so is understandably nervous. But it’s good that he’s strong enough to have it. Just need to keep his spirits up.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    TLW1 wrote:
    Survived the rugrats party - built three new rope swings in the woods which went down well. No tears despite some decent falls.

Be careful paranoid, hovering parents don't end up looking for your head when local kids start using it.

Good luck VN.

Sun is out between hail showers. It's raw. There is so much moisture on the ground and late Toosday will be even colder air from due Norf. It's going to be funny if this lot freezes.

Swimming later.

GazzaH has been in India I hear. Not holiday but training folks in a call centre... :roll: Now we know who to blame. He's feeling a bit chilly.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,528
    sunny ride, though wind has picked up, overall a couple of degrees warmer than yesterday, opposite of the met office forecast

good mince pie at greenwich
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning. cold one this morning beats yesterdays ice and flurries of snow from yesterday, bike fit today hopefully sort some niggles out, later whiskey an more whisky for me.
  • veronese68
    Bike is cleaned, lubed and back together again. So of course it is forecast to rain tomorrow. Just had a Yodel delivery turn up, a beer advent calendar for lucky old me. Roll on December.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...beer advent calendar...

How big is it?!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    orraloon wrote:
    Cold? I'll give you cold. When the gas boiler goes into sulk mode all day yesterday and refuses to fire up. Then decides to come on as normal this morning, as if nothing has happened.

Thank goodness for woodburners, even if it meant a nocturnal get up and reload more logs; of course this is the weekend I have the twin 3y.o.s staying while daughter 1 has a night off. Excellent timing Mr Worcester-Bosch.
    Correction. Poor timing Mr Honeywell Programmer. Mr Worcester-Bosch was fine and dandy, just waiting for instruction to fire up. Managed to sort out the issue with help of my brother and his penchant for diagnosing things faulty. Quick Click and Collect from Screwfix, replacement electronic gizmo installed, lovely heat and hot water.
  • hopkinb
    Could have sworn I posted earlier. Anyway, nice loop out to Windsor Great Park and back with a large slice of Kentish apple cake and a double espresso at Windsor farm shop. I did think about a mince pie, but they were all a bit small.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Could have sworn I posted earlier...

Earlier...
    hopkinb wrote:

Did your eyeballs freeze up out riding? :D
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:

Earlier...
    hopkinb wrote:

It's either too much wine or too much tax compliance.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Earlier...
    hopkinb wrote:

It's either too much wine or too much tax compliance.

I thought I posted about the coffee and cake is what I meant! It was quite chilly, but it warmed up.

I'm on the wagon again, so no wine, beer or even brandy. Lost 3 kgs in a fortnight. Getting quicker on the bike. I'll be on the wagon more often than off it at this rate.
  • veronese68
    Doesn’t his other hobby cause blindness.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Tax compliance?
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    And memory loss apparently
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...beer advent calendar...

How big is it?!
    24 doors in a big cardboard box. Not sure if cans or bottles, maybe a mix. Looking forward to it. Came from Beer Hawk.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    And memory loss apparently

Half past 2 at the bus stop.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Perhaps explains why I've recently had to up my specs prescription.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Perhaps explains why I've recently had to up my specs prescription.

Can you say that a bit louder 'cos I can't hear you.
    ...and put yer teef in too.
  • hopkinb
    Oh yeah, hobbying definitely makes you blind. I'm knackered me. I've had a slice of fruit cake and a glass of milk for my tea.
  • pinno
    edited November 2017
    I do like Fruit cake. It seems to be disappearing from the shelves, like Genoa fruit cake.
    However, we have the ultimate fruitcake season soon upon us. :D
    Last year the OH bought a small Lidl Christmas cake - the bog standard one (she's tight). On the same day and unknown to me that she had already bought one, I went in and bought the Lidl deluxe version - almost twice the price but still reasonable. It was like chalk and cheese and the deluxe one was so good, I went and bought another. The remains of the other the kids got. This year, they have brought out one that has Cognac in it in the Deluxe range.
  • pinno
    PS I have decided that Christmas cake is ideal winter cycling fuel (the Cognac has obvious benefits) and therefore, I am not going to eat any chocolate, mince pies etc (that's a bloody tax avoidance scam that one) but I will indulge in Christmas cake.
    Until I am sick of the stuff. That will be hard but I will persevere.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I do like Fruit cake. It seems to be disappearing from the shelves, like Genoa fruit cake.
    However, we have the ultimate fruitcake season soon upon us. :D
    Last year the OH bought a small Lidl Christmas cake - the bog standard one. On the same day and unknown to me, I went in and bought the Lidl deluxe version - almost twice the price but still reasonable. It was like chalk and cheese and the deluxe one was so good, I went and bought another. The remains of the other the kids got. This year, they have brought out one that has Cognac in it in the Deluxe range.
    Do you still have to wear grey tracky bottoms to shop in Lidl?
  • hopkinb
    This is a Dundee cake that Mrs H3 has made. It's pretty good. I like fruitcake too. Christmas pud is also good.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    This is a Dundee cake that Mrs H3 has made. It's pretty good. I like fruitcake too. Christmas pud is also good.

Yep, Dundee cake, good for Mrs H3 - well done. I did say that we were coming to your house for christmas.
    Christmas pud with double cream for me - not Brandy butter, too sweet.