Jet wash

2»

Comments

• svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    PBlakeney wrote:
    The most important tip on this thread is not to bother arguing with Dennisn.

Maybe so but why grave-dig a thread from 3 and a half years ago just to make this point?
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Svetty wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    The most important tip on this thread is not to bother arguing with Dennisn.

Maybe so but why grave-dig a thread from 3 and a half years ago just to make this point?

it was dug up by a spammer - and that post has been deleted. A few others posted in the meantime, so the thread is now 'current' again. The point about dennis is spot-on though..
  • I believe GCN may have a video proving that exact point. Can’t remember the exact time but something like 2minutes of point blank pressure washing and showed no water had past the seal and the grease was still fully in place.
    Personally I use a hose on a spray setting
  • TBH, I feel it's the wrong tool for the task. Sure, it may not ruin bearings or other things. But the gas powered model I own for washing the drive and house is wayyyy too strong for a bike.

I feel most users would be a bit ham fisted and cut through some handlebar tape, some plastic parts, and other stuff using the wrong nozzle or setting.

Also, hand washing and using a hose gets you much closer and personal to the bike. This way you are doing an inspection at the same time and may find things you didn't see by blindly power washing it.