Size

mariaslk
mariaslk Posts: 2
edited June 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm looking at buying my first road bike and really like the Liv Avail 2. I've sat on the Small (Avail 2 2017) and XS (Avail 5 2015) apparently the only difference is the colour, so I've been told by the bike shop. I'm 5'2" and according to the Giant size chart I should have an XS but I feel more comfortable on the Small. What should I do? I'm not planning on doing huge amounts of cycling just a couple of rides a week 20-30 miles each.

Comments

• noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    mariaslk wrote:
    I'm looking at buying my first road bike and really like the Liv Avail 2. I've sat on the Small (Avail 2 2017) and XS (Avail 5 2015) apparently the only difference is the colour, so I've been told by the bike shop. I'm 5'2" and according to the Giant size chart I should have an XS but I feel more comfortable on the Small. What should I do? I'm not planning on doing huge amounts of cycling just a couple of rides a week 20-30 miles each.
    Possibly worth having another ride on the xs. My wife has the liv envie in small. She's taller than you and should probably have gone xs. The small is ok but hardly any seatpost showing and a fair stretch to the bars.
    What feels ok now may well turn out to be wrong once you've got used to riding a road bike and how different the position is compared to other types if bikes.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc