Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

thuursday with a spare dimension around the corner

sungodsungod Posts: 13,351
edited June 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

yesterday's hangover has hung over to today, this doesn't seem fair

head to office soon, needing many espressos
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Posts

  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,036
    Morning All. Bit cooler today for a change and no wet stuff. Dentist later and sprogs out. Bike prep required for tomorrow's ride with mates after last night's blast around local trails.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • slowmartslowmart Posts: 4,055
    Back in the office today.

    Where the hell did the last two weeks disappear too?

    At least it's a two day week. Browsing cycling related breaks for late summer is called for later
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

    Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,562
    sungod wrote:
    'yesterday's hangover has hung over to today, this doesn't seem fair
    That's age for you :wink:

    I'm waiting in the dentist - again. Since I have so much time I've filled in a feedback form tellin them I'm changing dentist if they can't be on f*****g time. Different tooth this time. Then into work. Then out for a drink with some wierdos I met on the internet - what can possibly go wrong? :P
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,703 Lives Here
    Morning all,
    I have my traditional mild Thursday hangover, at least it should fade by early afternoon and pave the way for more beer later. Two day hangovers suck big donkey balls. Bit blowy on the way in and some big black clouds ahead of me, didn't get rained on though. Another day of mediocrity to get through and beers later. Thankfully no dentist for me today.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Morning, climbing for the first time in years down in Carlisle yesterday evening. I've taken most of the skin off my hands and I can barely move my arms. Definitely from the climbing...

    Office day again, surprise surprise. I thought it was Friday today, disgusted to realise my mistake. Especially excited for the weekend as its the first time in a month that I wont have to sleep in a tent, plus there is a local beer festival going on on saturday, better brush the road bike off
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 7,089
    Moan, I'm not feeling too well. :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,273
    seanoconn wrote:
    Moan, I'm not feeling too well. :(
    Dog ate your homework?
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,703 Lives Here
    seanoconn wrote:
    Moan, I'm not feeling too well. :(
    Stop lining up excuses.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,273
    Boss still away, but stuff to do, which is a ball ache. Forgot my lock for later (well, I say forgot - stepson rode to school and took the lock with him) - V68 do you have a spare, or can I piggy back off yours, or will we be outside and it doesn't matter? Will go and get coffee in a minute, as I'm a bit sleepy.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 7,089
    veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Moan, I'm not feeling too well. :(
    Stop lining up excuses.
    :lol:
    I drank so much water yesterday I think I've liquidised myself.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,028
    Morning, woke up to dry and bright then it got dark had a very odd clap of thunder and it hard for all of ten minutes.
    Said thunder was loud enough to trigger numerous house alarms so no one can use the excuse they didn't hear their alarm.

    Todays plans involve very little office work wise more shopping for puppy things online and having office dog randomly get up and lay on my feet.
  • meanredspidermeanredspider Posts: 12,550
    DAY 0
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,703 Lives Here
    hopkinb wrote:
    Forgot my lock for later (well, I say forgot - stepson rode to school and took the lock with him) - V68 do you have a spare, or can I piggy back off yours, or will we be outside and it doesn't matter?
    We'll probably be outside, but I'll take a couple of locks just in case.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,703 Lives Here
    DAY 0
    Hope all goes as well as can be.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,273
    veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Forgot my lock for later (well, I say forgot - stepson rode to school and took the lock with him) - V68 do you have a spare, or can I piggy back off yours, or will we be outside and it doesn't matter?
    We'll probably be outside, but I'll take a couple of locks just in case.

    Thanks V.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,273
    DAY 0

    Fingers crossed.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,689
    DAY 0

    This is good. This is the beginning after all the infections and chemo, the uncertaintly and the long journey to get to this point. You know what happens when she spikes a temperature or gets an infection. It's all pretty familiar. This is where you start to look forward. You're in Andorra heading West to Pau into a head wind having started in Perpignan.
    Oh and what an innocuous procedure for such a significant event.
    I had my transplant on a Thursday. It was meant to be Good Friday but they brought it forward on account of potential staff issues on Good Friday.
    No GVHD or CMV issues with Stem cells either. The magic starts today.

    Me re-assembling wood burner me as it's back from engineery walla. Then grass cutting methinks. It's not raining like it was supposed to and the sun has popped out.
    What's it like over there Gazza? (I might not get a response given his post holiday depression).

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • meanredspidermeanredspider Posts: 12,550
    edited June 2017
    Thanks, all. Today, apart from being symbolic and actually receiving the stem cells, should be a bit of an anticlimax. All the scary bit happens in the next couple of weeks when we find out whether Eve and her new cells like each other meanwhile hoping that there are no uninvited guests to the party in the form of bugs/fungi/viruses and also hoping the the wrecked and sick "ex" cells don't make a reappearance.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,703 Lives Here
    also hoping the the wrecked and sick "ex" doesn't make a reappearance.
    If he does, take him for a walk and then throw him off the top of the tallest building in the hospital. It's only fair, just deny all knowledge everything will be fine. Best not say anything to young Miss MRS about it, she'll just assume he's an censored , which he clearly is.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,088
    hopkinb wrote:
    DAY 0

    Fingers crossed.

    Covers it perfectly
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,088
    In office too far from home and not near a potato van

    Later is more removing furniture in preparation for carpets being fitted tomorrow
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Slightly overcast, but warm all the same. Hope to get home at a decent time , as I feel that my contributions to this spectacular place have not been up to scratch of late.

    Still haven't bought a bike.
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    haydenm wrote:
    Morning, climbing for the first time in years down in Carlisle yesterday evening. I've taken most of the skin off my hands and I can barely move my arms. Definitely from the climbing...

    Another lapsed climber! What happened? Kids arrived?
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 7,089
    I am the biggest let down of all let downs. Anything I say will sound like an excuse but I am genuinely ill and I'm never ill. Currently trying to negotiate an early release from work. I did consider turning up later to say hello, drinking a coke and shooting off but blah blah blah. Anyway, I'm a let down but I swear I'll be at the next one, whether I'm invited or not.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 19,088
    Garry H wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    Morning, climbing for the first time in years down in Carlisle yesterday evening. I've taken most of the skin off my hands and I can barely move my arms. Definitely from the climbing...

    Another lapsed climber! What happened? Kids arrived?

    Needs to get into climbing, some decent stuff behind the house
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,703 Lives Here
    seanoconn wrote:
    I am the biggest let down of all let downs. Anything I say will sound like an excuse but I am genuinely ill and I'm never ill. Currently trying to negotiate an early release from work. I did consider turning up later to say hello, drinking a coke and shooting off but blah blah blah. Anyway, I'm a let down but I swear I'll be at the next one, whether I'm invited or not.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever...
    We'll probably have more fun without you anyway. :P

    Get well soon
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Garry H wrote:
    haydenm wrote:
    Morning, climbing for the first time in years down in Carlisle yesterday evening. I've taken most of the skin off my hands and I can barely move my arms. Definitely from the climbing...

    Another lapsed climber! What happened? Kids arrived?

    No kids yet thankfully! I did a tiny bit as a teenager but was never very serious about it, a friend of mine has got into it recently so I thought I'd join him. Luckily it's not hard to pick up where you left off when you were rubbish in the first place :wink:
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,351
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'yesterday's hangover has hung over to today, this doesn't seem fair
    That's age for you :wink:

    I'm waiting in the dentist - again. Since I have so much time I've filled in a feedback form tellin them I'm changing dentist if they can't be on f*****g time. Different tooth this time. Then into work. Then out for a drink with some wierdos I met on the internet - what can possibly go wrong? :P

    age, though the beers followed by two bottles of wine each may have exacerbated the effect of the years

    if you want a recommendation for a new dentist, been with mark since the last century...

    http://www.cqc.org.uk/provider/1-153021796/services
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    My mum tried to fly to the alps this morning wearing shoes she wears for gardening. This lead to an hour long search because they found traces of fertiliser on her shoes. As you can guess, I have been extra sympathetic via text all day...
  • meanredspidermeanredspider Posts: 12,550
    Cells successfully in their new home.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
Sign In or Register to comment.