Which £1k bike

agentorange88
agentorange88 Posts: 95
edited May 2017 in Road beginners
yep sorry another what bike. im a noobie to roadbikes coming from a MtB background. Riding more roads than off so feel its time to take the plunge.

Ive settled on the £1k budget, and been looking at
Trek Emonde ALR4
Cube attain SL
Cannondale synapse alloy tiagra disc

I need a bike fit as I am 6ft2 but long legs short body so need an LBS rather than online.
The local LBS has the Trek and get a good vibe from the guys in the shop.
I would have to use Evans for the others but not sure on thier bike fit - the LBS has a proper fitting jig.

Any thoughts on these?

Thanks in advance for any input

Comments

• yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    I would go with Cube just because of the 105 groupset. I dont like the mechanical disc brakes so no for the cannondale.
  • bukowski_jr
    bukowski_jr Posts: 15
    One of the current cycling mags (if your in the UK) has an article on the best sub £1k bikes. Cycling Plus magazine?

Spoiler alert (the winner was a Canyon i think)
  • Thanks

Saw the reviews but Im long in the leg/short in the body so really wanted to try befor I buy which ruled out the canyon.

Anyway im soon to be the proud owner of a 2016 Defy1, paid Rutlands Giant store in Cambridge a visit. Got talking to the sales guy about the Contend SL, went and checked stock and they had one of the last Defy 1's left at a nice discount. cant get back for a few weeks but if it rides as nice as the contend will be well happy with it.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    The Trek. Has the best frame.
  • geryben
    geryben Posts: 15
    I would buy Trek Emonde ALR4.