Trek Madone 9.2 Etap - new photo's

2»

Comments

• Good morning...so I just got a brand new Trek Madone 9.2 in all black. Question: does your 9.2 have an aweful vibrating sound when you ride over a bump or imperfections in the road? I feel like something is vibrating in the frame of my bike.

Thanks,
    Phil

Trek Madone 9.2
    Ultegra components
    Bontrager Aeolus 5's
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    do you have the little nut thing attached to your tire valve if running tubes and using the nut ??? ... check that it is tight if you are

I just spent 3 weeks tracking down an awful vibrating noise over rough road .... turned out to be a loose valve nut

OH, and I still love that bike ... looks stunning
  • No I don't use the nuts on my valve stems. I want to say it's something inside the integrated handlebar/stem combo.

Also, how do I post photos?
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    No I don't use the nuts on my valve stems. I want to say it's something inside the integrated handlebar/stem combo.

Also, how do I post photos?

www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php? ... t=12734291
  • limoneboy
    limoneboy Posts: 480
    Good morning...so I just got a brand new Trek Madone 9.2 in all black. Question: does your 9.2 have an aweful vibrating sound when you ride over a bump or imperfections in the road? I feel like something is vibrating in the frame of my bike.

Thanks,
    Phil

Trek Madone 9.2
    Ultegra components
    Bontrager Aeolus 5's

Hi

Did you built this or the shop ? , i built mine , there are very specific instructions regarding the foam tube which surrounds the brake cable and the length to cut it , i did mine slightly larger to avoid rattles also check the flaps on the brake are tight as they can chatter , great bikes but a bit complex for even bike shops as they do not come built up there is a lot of work to do re cables etc
    last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Nice bike - I shall look out for it on the roads !
  • I had the ship build it. It's a trek shop and the guys are great. I just brought it back and the guy that built it said he heard it when he built it so I'm not going crazy. They're going to fix it.
  • What bars are these?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • The new Madones ship with a one-piece Aero bar/stem. All of the cables are internally routed through the Aero bars and frame so my guess is its one of my cables vibrating against the inside of the bars.
  • The new Madones ship with a one-piece Aero bar/stem. All of the cables are internally routed through the Aero bars and frame so my guess is its one of my cables vibrating against the inside of the bars.

Ta
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • So I've taken the bike back to the shop twice to stop the rattle and it still rattles. Any advice? You said the flaps might rattle? How might one tighten those? Anything else I should look out for?