Trek Domane ALR / Lower end carbon - Balanced?

2»

Comments

• chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    ... you've got me worried now, why is the cable pinch bolt close to the tyre on my domane. 32 road tyres measured out at 33mm and they were close to the bolt.

The expensive, easy solution for me would be buy a new dura ace front derailleur without long the swing arm.

Nice bikes by the way, think your wife wins the nicest coloured one though;)
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    I'm worried now as well. I've done quite a lot of rides with those tyres and even wider tyres as well.
    I've swapped back to the 28 corsa's. I'll try and swap them back to the 33s tomorrow afternoon. Now I know what I'm looking for I'll take some proper measurements.
    Haha, yeah her Emonda is nice, been used once! She's also got a Trek Lexa in nicer colours than mine. My Emonda looks better with my nicer wheels, I had a crit this afternoon and those are the ones I don't mind crashing with.
  • Big_Jack
    Big_Jack Posts: 82
    Quick update: Emonda ALR4 ordered, to be shod with the LifeLine Pro Race 28s and a bike fit on collection. I went with the ALR4 as the groupset doesn't bother me too much (I've made do with Sora/FSA mix for the last 3 years) and it gives me leftover change to change any thing that doesn't suit (perhaps put swiss stop pads on). I thought my money was better spent on a fit, and i also really disliked the white bars/stem/tape on the ALR5.

Thanks again for all of the advice - I'll put a photo of the new steed up when I get it next Friday.

Jack