25 - 28 Tyres sizes

FatTed
FatTed Posts: 1,205
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm looking for the largest size tyre I can fit to my bike
Conti 4000s 2 size 25 at the back gives loads of room but the 28 fits but not enough clearance I have to stop and remove bits of road debris, same with the front but thats 23 and 25 respectively.

Is there another tyre that will fit in size between these two, I know the size on the packet may not relate to the actual size when fitted to my wheel. (HED C2 rim)

I have put a Vittorai Corsa CX 25 on the front, it is a little smaller than the Conti but not by much

Any help would be nice.

Comments

• Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    I think I would leave a reasonable space in case small stones stick to the tyre. If 28 is too tight, then I probably wouldn't try to find something 1 mm smaller. However, if you must, have a look at http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/. This guy measures a wide range of tyres on the same rim, so you'll get a relative size comparison vs the continental.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    I have the Vittoria Corsa G+ 25 on one bike and the 28 on another.
    The G+ 25 comes up quite large on my rim, measures 27. Fits comfortably on my Emonda. The 28 also comes up large and measures 30 on my Domane.
    Bike radar review of the G+25 also says that the tyres came up larger than 25. Might be worth a shot?
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Michelin pro race 3 25s come up a bit bigger - looks like the 4s do too:
    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/wheels ... 78266.html

Maybe worth a go.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    GP4000s come up big so another 28mm tyre may be worth trying.
  • el_vino
    el_vino Posts: 64
    I had a similar issue with my cube, I went for 26mm specialized turbos, I cannot however guarantee they are actually wider than 25mm GPs though but they feel great.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Ordered a Vittoria Corsa G+ tyre see how that looks