Canyon spectral or the giant trance

Joe31
Joe31 Posts: 17
edited February 2017 in MTB buying advice
Could anyone help so many bikes to choose from I'm looking at the canyon spectral and the giant trance i have a budget of £2500 which one is the better bike or is there anything else out there as good for the money

Thanks

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Is this Groundhog day.

Giant Trance, Bird Aeris 145, pick one.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Joe31
    You think these bikes are better than the canyon
  • Joe31
    I've heard the canyon waiting times are decent now just looked at the bird Aires 145 looks like a nice bike as well and you can choose your own components
  • Joe31
    I'm in no rush to be honest as I just want to find the right bike
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Joe31 wrote:
    I'm in no rush to be honest as I just want to find the right bike

They are all the right bike, just pick the one you like the colour of :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Joe31 wrote:
    You think these bikes are better than the canyon

Yes. Giant's rear suspension is the best there is. Extremely efficient and sensitive. Very stiff frame and a great ride.
    The Canyon's I've ridden have been lots of spangly parts bolted to a average (at best) frame.
  • Joe31
    I suppose that's why the spec is so good at a low price cos it maybe has a cheap frame it's between the bird Aires and the trance.. Not sure about the bird the bike looks so long
  • Ive just bought a Trance and its absolutely brilliant. Check out the reviews on You Tube. At least buying Giant from local bike shop they will sort out any problems, whereas with Canyon its not so easy.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Joe31 - Giant have a fleet of test bikes and you can book one for a few days. Contact your nearest Giant dealer and ask them about booking a test ride or book online. It's the best way to find out if a bike is suitable for you.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Joe31
    Thanks for your comments really warming going to the trance might have to book a demo