Shoe Help

furiousd
furiousd Posts: 214
edited November 2016 in MTB buying advice
I have been using 2012 S Works MTB shoes since new and they have been great. I replaced the boas earlier this year and now the lugs could do with being replaced, however it can't find anywhere with stock for a size 44. One helpful shop tried Spesh and they have discontinued them. So i decided to treat myself with a new pair so got these delivered this morning https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/speciali ... 8.124.html
Thought it was a great price and should basically be a newer version. Take them out of the box and it is instantly noticeable how much thinner they are. Tried them on and they were very tight around my toes. I know i have wide feet and Spesh are necessarily known for wider shoes but i didn't think they would have changed that much. Needless to say i took them back for refund.

I am essentially looking for a super stiff carbon sole (i use them on my race road bike too), i want boa and something that is a bit wider. £150 - £200 budget, unless i am getting something very special for going over £200.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks
D

Edit - forgot to mention i use the spesh footbed, will these fit in other shoes?

Comments

• Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    One or two of the Shimano range are available in regular or wide fitting, and their regular fitting isn't too narrow in the first place.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er