Bromsgrove beginner rides

monsterziggy
monsterziggy Posts: 101
edited July 2016 in Women's cycling forum
Hi All,

I live in Bromsgrove, South Birmingham and am looking for some fellow newbies to ride with. I have checked out the local clubs web sites, but the social rides are all still out of my speed and distance range.
I am comfortable upto 25miles at a gentle touring pace, but working to improve both.......
Is there anyone out there to peddle with?

:-)

Jen

Comments

• BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Try looking up Women on Wheels which is a group mainly based in Worcester I think. Also Hopwood Ladies might have rides to suit you.

Don't give up on the local clubs just because their standard clubruns seem to be too long or fast. Most established clubs have a wide range of riders and there will be small groups which go out in a less formal way than just the standard rides. If you make contact with the club and ask, then there may be some riders who go out a bit slower or less far. They might be slightly older members but definitely don't let that put you off - they're often the ones with most experience and they often have very enjoyable social rides.

A suggestion is Beacon Roads Cycling Club's introductory rides. I'm sure you'd keep up with those easily if you can do 25 miles. They're once a month I think - they have a good website and they meet at the Black Horse in Northwood.

Also have a look at the Saracen RC. A thriving club with a very wide range of riders and lots of very experienced riders, not necessarily all fast or racers.

Ruth